Lifecycle: FIXED versus RELEASED - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Lifecycle: FIXED versus RELEASED - Mozilla ; In my organization, we mark a bug FIXED when the developer has corrected the bug and submmitted the correction to CVS. But, that bug won't be testable by QA until we have released the next software build. I'm wondering how ...

  1. Lifecycle: FIXED versus RELEASED

    In my organization, we mark a bug FIXED when the developer has corrected
    the bug and submmitted the correction to CVS. But, that bug won't be
    testable by QA until we have released the next software build. I'm
    wondering how folks normally handle this, I'm sure it is a common
    situation.

    To restate, I want to track which software release has the bug fixed.
    This way QA can see which bugs are ready for testing in any given release.

    - Todd

  2. Re: Lifecycle: FIXED versus RELEASED

    On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 16:07 -0800, Todd Hivnor wrote:
    > In my organization, we mark a bug FIXED when the developer has corrected
    > the bug and submmitted the correction to CVS. But, that bug won't be
    > testable by QA until we have released the next software build. I'm
    > wondering how folks normally handle this, I'm sure it is a common
    > situation.
    >
    > To restate, I want to track which software release has the bug fixed.
    > This way QA can see which bugs are ready for testing in any given release.

    I've used a "ready for testing" flag in the past. The Build guy or the
    developer can set it to "+" when it's ready.

    -Max
    --
    http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

+ Reply to Thread