How does move.pl work? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How does move.pl work? - Mozilla ; Hello, I am using bugzilla v2.16.4. We have several databases, they have different products, components, user accounts, etc... We would like to merge the data in these databases together to create a single repository. Can the move.pl script be used ...

  1. How does move.pl work?

    Hello,

    I am using bugzilla v2.16.4. We have several databases, they have
    different products, components, user accounts, etc... We would like to
    merge the data in these databases together to create a single
    repository. Can the move.pl script be used for this?

    Here is what I was thinking:
    1) Create an empty database (new_master.db)
    2) Add a unique keyword to all issues in each of source databases (so I
    can easily identify them later).
    3) Use move.pl to merge old_fragment1.db into new_master.db
    4) Use move.pl to merge old_fragment2.db into new_master.db
    5) Use move.pl to merge old_fragment3.db into new_master.db

    I don't see instructions for how to actually use move.pl. How do I use it?

    Thank you,

    Bob

  2. Re: How does move.pl work?

    Bob wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am using bugzilla v2.16.4. We have several databases, they have
    > different products, components, user accounts, etc... We would like to
    > merge the data in these databases together to create a single
    > repository. Can the move.pl script be used for this?
    >
    > Here is what I was thinking:
    > 1) Create an empty database (new_master.db)
    > 2) Add a unique keyword to all issues in each of source databases (so I
    > can easily identify them later).
    > 3) Use move.pl to merge old_fragment1.db into new_master.db
    > 4) Use move.pl to merge old_fragment2.db into new_master.db
    > 5) Use move.pl to merge old_fragment3.db into new_master.db
    >
    > I don't see instructions for how to actually use move.pl. How do I use it?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Bob

    I am hoping someone has actually used move.pl and can give me some
    advice. Is what I'm suggesting reasonable? Is there usage
    documentation for this utility somewhere or can someone tell me how this
    utility gets launched?

    Thank you,

    Bob

  3. Re: How does move.pl work?

    Bob wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am using bugzilla v2.16.4. We have several databases, they have
    > different products, components, user accounts, etc... We would like to
    > merge the data in these databases together to create a single
    > repository. Can the move.pl script be used for this?
    >
    > Here is what I was thinking:
    > 1) Create an empty database (new_master.db)
    > 2) Add a unique keyword to all issues in each of source databases (so I
    > can easily identify them later).
    > 3) Use move.pl to merge old_fragment1.db into new_master.db
    > 4) Use move.pl to merge old_fragment2.db into new_master.db
    > 5) Use move.pl to merge old_fragment3.db into new_master.db
    >
    > I don't see instructions for how to actually use move.pl. How do I use it?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Bob

    In http://.../bugzilla_mfp/editparams.cgi I have move-enabled on. I
    have some text for the move-button-text, and I have settings for the
    other move* settings on this page. I don't see the move button show-up
    anywhere. Where is it suppose to be?

    Thank you,

    Bob

  4. Re: How does move.pl work?

    On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 16:55 -0500, Bob wrote:
    > I am using bugzilla v2.16.4. We have several databases, they have
    > different products, components, user accounts, etc... We would like to
    > merge the data in these databases together to create a single
    > repository. Can the move.pl script be used for this?

    Hey Bob -- looks like nobody ever answered you. No, move.pl can't be
    used for that. move.pl is for moving individual bugs from one Bugzilla
    to another, using the Bugzilla XML Format.

    -Max
    --
    http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

+ Reply to Thread