Thanks Joel!
Your terse response helped resolve the issue.

I created an entry for this guy in the "profiles" tables with all
DEFAULT values except for his login_name and it worked just fine.

Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:33:03 -0800
From: Joel Peshkin
Subject: Re: Match Failed: Unable to CC a particular person
To: support-bugzilla@lists.mozilla.org

Sarabjeet wrote:
> For a particular person xxxx in our company yyyy, when any bug is

CC'd
> to him, we get an error of the form:
>
> Match Failed
>
> One or more of the names/email addresses you entered into fields on

the

previous
> page and try other names/email addresses.
> CC: xxxx@yyy.com did not match anything
>
> His entry does exist in our LDAP server and appears to be normal.
>
> I traced this error down to a file
> bugzilla/template/en/default/global/confirm-user-match.html.tmpl
>
> But I dont know how to resolve or troubleshoot this. As a starting
> point, I have asked the IT folks to recreate this guy's LDAP entry to
> ensure theres nothing funny in that but I doubt it would help. Any
> further help or suggestion would be appreciated.

User matching requires a bugzilla profile for every user. Just having
an LDAP account is not sufficient.

Sarabjeet wrote: For a particular person xxxx in our company yyyy, when any bug is CC'd to him, we get an error of the form:

Match Failed

One or more of the names/email addresses you entered into fields on the previous page were unable to make a valid match. Go back to the previous page and try other names/email addresses.
CC: xxxx@yyy.com did not match anything

His entry does exist in our LDAP server and appears to be normal.

I traced this error down to a file bugzilla/template/en/default/global/confirm-user-match.html.tmpl

But I dont know how to resolve or troubleshoot this. As a starting point, I have asked the IT folks to recreate this guy's LDAP entry to ensure theres nothing funny in that but I doubt it would help. Any further help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks !!
Sarabjeet

Yahoo! Photos