Help with groups - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Help with groups - Mozilla ; I've hunted through the newsgroups and found several situations that are similar to what I'm hoping to do but are not the same. I *think* I need two groups but I can't figure out how to do it. So here ...

  1. Help with groups

    I've hunted through the newsgroups and found several situations that are
    similar to what I'm hoping to do but are not the same. I *think* I need
    two groups but I can't figure out how to do it. So here goes:

    - I have 2 products.
    - I would like to make it so that one group of users can edit any bug in
    product 1 but has read only access to product 2.
    - I also need to have another group of users that can edit any bug in
    product 2 but has read only access to product 1.
    - I would like to have one group of users that can edit any bug anywhere
    (I thought I could use canedit for this - but it didn't appear to work)

    I have tried every combination I can think of with two groups and it
    never seems to work right. Can someone give me a quick bump in the
    right direction?

    TIA

  2. Re: Help with groups

    Irwin Fletcher wrote:
    > I've hunted through the newsgroups and found several situations that are
    > similar to what I'm hoping to do but are not the same. I *think* I need
    > two groups but I can't figure out how to do it. So here goes:
    >
    > - I have 2 products.
    > - I would like to make it so that one group of users can edit any bug in
    > product 1 but has read only access to product 2.
    > - I also need to have another group of users that can edit any bug in
    > product 2 but has read only access to product 1.
    > - I would like to have one group of users that can edit any bug anywhere
    > (I thought I could use canedit for this - but it didn't appear to work)

    Product1:
    Group1: ENTRY, CANEDIT
    Product2:
    Group2: ENTRY, CANEDIT

    Group1 = users1 + users3
    Group2 = users2 + users3

  3. Re: Help with groups

    I'm assuming you mean NA/NA as well. If you do, I did this and when I
    am a user that is ONLY in Group1 it does not appear that I am able to
    edit a bug in Product1 that I own or that I am the submitter on. I was
    hoping to be able edit any bug in Product1. Likewise, I would like a
    user who is a member of Group2 to be able to edit any bug in product2.
    Is that possible?

    Joel Peshkin wrote:
    > Irwin Fletcher wrote:
    >> I've hunted through the newsgroups and found several situations that
    >> are similar to what I'm hoping to do but are not the same. I *think*
    >> I need two groups but I can't figure out how to do it. So here goes:
    >>
    >> - I have 2 products.
    >> - I would like to make it so that one group of users can edit any bug
    >> in product 1 but has read only access to product 2.
    >> - I also need to have another group of users that can edit any bug in
    >> product 2 but has read only access to product 1.
    >> - I would like to have one group of users that can edit any bug
    >> anywhere (I thought I could use canedit for this - but it didn't
    >> appear to work)
    >>

    > Product1:
    > Group1: ENTRY, CANEDIT
    > Product2: