Has anyone attempted or succeeded in adding or moving versioning to
components?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Peshkin [mailto:bugreport@peshkin.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:49 AM
To: support-bugzilla@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Why no "Mandatory/NA"? (Was: Using Bugzilla Groups to Limit
User Group to Group Bugs)

David Miller wrote:
> Joel Peshkin wrote on 1/10/06 7:41 PM:
>>What you are really looking for is something that is SUFFICIENT/NA
>>meaning that the bug MUST be restricted to AT LEAST ONE of a set of
>>groups. If we were to do that (and I am not sure it is worth the
>>complexity), a user who was a member of only one SUFFICIENT group

would
>>see that group as MANDATORY, but a user who was a member of several
>>would be able to choose one (or more?) of the SUFFICIENT groups.

> How much complexity would it be? That actually sounds like it might

be
> useful.

Well... prior to the concept of "Sufficient," it would have been a real

mess. The concept may make it managable. A few details still have to
be worked out. For instance, when a product has existing bugs as a set
of sufficient groups are created, what should happen.

We could do this, but I am not sure I want to have to deal with the
whining from people who find this confusing.