----- Original Message ----

If I type "g clinton" into the firefox 2.x address bar, I'm redirected to:
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...=1&q=g+clinton
If I type "clinton" into the firefox 2.x address bar, I'm redirected to:
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...ns=1&q=clinton

Look closely at the "q" URL parameter. I don't see why one would add the "g" prefix. In any case, that doesn't answer your question, and I don't have an answer without searching mxr.mozilla.org. You might try the same or ask on IRC.

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i...Dypao8Wcj9tAcJ