firefox preferences - Mozilla

This is a discussion on firefox preferences - Mozilla ; Hi all, I store some of my extension's information in the user preferences (about :config). When Firefox crashes, all of the changes during this session are lost. I thought that I had read that this had been improved in FF3.0, ...

  1. firefox preferences

    Hi all,

    I store some of my extension's information in the user preferences
    (about:config). When Firefox crashes, all of the changes during this
    session are lost. I thought that I had read that this had been improved
    in FF3.0, but I still see the same behavior. Yes, my Firefox crashes a
    lot during extension testing Does anyone know if this is just how
    it is? Is there anyway to "flush" the preference store?

    Thanks
    Tom

  2. Re: firefox preferences

    Tom Mutdosch wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I store some of my extension's information in the user preferences
    > (about:config). When Firefox crashes, all of the changes during this
    > session are lost. I thought that I had read that this had been improved
    > in FF3.0, but I still see the same behavior. Yes, my Firefox crashes a
    > lot during extension testing Does anyone know if this is just how
    > it is? Is there anyway to "flush" the preference store?

    prefService.savePrefFile(null);

    John.

+ Reply to Thread