Attaching a panel along the bottom of the ContentArea? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Attaching a panel along the bottom of the ContentArea? - Mozilla ; Hi all, I'm attaching a 24px high panel (noautohide="true") to the contentArea: panel.openPopup( document.getElementById("content") , "after_start" , 0 , -24 , false, false ); However, it doesn't react to changes in the contentArea's size well. Resizing the window leaves the ...

  1. Attaching a panel along the bottom of the ContentArea?

    Hi all,

    I'm attaching a 24px high panel (noautohide="true") to the
    contentArea:
    panel.openPopup( document.getElementById("content") , "after_start" ,
    0 , -24 , false, false );

    However, it doesn't react to changes in the contentArea's size well.
    Resizing the window leaves the panel hanging in an incorrect location
    and showing/hiding the Findbar doesn't affect the position of the
    panel. Minimising the firefox window and restoring it places the panel
    in the updated position.

    Is there any way that I can have my panel reliably attached to the
    bottom of the contentArea? What I'm after is something similar to the
    NotificationBox that appears at the top of the ContentArea when
    Firefox blocks popups etc, except I want my panel to be along the
    bottom of the page, and persist across page and tab changes.

    Many thanks,

  2. Re: Attaching a panel along the bottom of the ContentArea?

    T wrote:
    > Is there any way that I can have my panel reliably attached to the
    > bottom of the contentArea? What I'm after is something similar to the
    > NotificationBox that appears at the top of the ContentArea when
    > Firefox blocks popups etc, except I want my panel to be along the
    > bottom of the page, and persist across page and tab changes.

    You shouldn't be using a panel then, you should be using a statusbar or
    toolbar or something instead.

  3. Re: Attaching a panel along the bottom of the ContentArea?

    > You shouldn't be using a panel then, you should be using a statusbar or
    > toolbar or something instead.

    Thanks,

    Yeah I'm going with an hbox attached above the findbar, but I'd have
    preferred something like a panel so that it looks as if it is over the
    webpage as opposed to part of the browser window. It's not too
    important, I was just wondering if there was a way to do it.

    Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread