How would I Display a movable box over the ContentArea? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How would I Display a movable box over the ContentArea? - Mozilla ; Hi all, I'm working on an extension which requires a semi-transparent, movable box to be displayed over the (This will appear as if it was a movable DIV on the HTML page). This box will need to persist across different ...

  1. How would I Display a movable box over the ContentArea?

    Hi all,

    I'm working on an extension which requires a semi-transparent, movable
    box to be displayed over the (This will
    appear as if it was a movable DIV on the HTML page). This box will
    need to persist across different tabs or pages, so writing HTML to
    each page doesn't seem practical.

    I was thinking of having a but I
    don't know how to drag and move this about.

    I was also considering opening a dialog, but I don't know if I can
    style it to appear like a simple box (with no titlebar etc) and make
    it semi-transparent as well.

    I would greatly appreciate any help you could send my way!

    Many thanks,

    T.

  2. Re: How would I Display a movable box over the ContentArea?

    > I was thinking of having a but I
    > don't know how to drag and move this about.

    (I think I can move it about if noautohide="false" but I need this box
    to persist until the user closes it.)

+ Reply to Thread