Transparent background for XUL Element - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Transparent background for XUL Element - Mozilla ; I have a vbox floating over the window (position: fixed) - notify message. Markup looks like: ..[elements here]... ..[elements here]... .... Both of b1 and b2 have "background: transparent;" style... But the background remains white over the web page in ...

  1. Transparent background for XUL Element

    I have a vbox floating over the window (position: fixed) - notify
    message.

    Markup looks like:

    ..[elements here]...
    ..[elements here]...

    Both of b1 and b2 have "background: transparent;" style... But the
    background remains white over the web page in the browser...

    Is it possible to fix this?

  2. Re: Transparent background for XUL Element

    [quark] wrote:

    >I have a vbox floating over the window (position: fixed) - notify message.
    >
    >Both of b1 and b2 have "background: transparent;" style... But the background remains white over the web page in the browser...
    >
    >Is it possible to fix this?

    XUL elements are transparent by default, but I think the problem you are
    seeing is that you can't float chrome over content. As an alternative,
    Firefox 2 has limited support for transparent popups and tooltips while
    Firefox 3 improves on that support and also includes transparent panels.

    --
    Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

  3. Re: Transparent background for XUL Element

    On 2 , 15:43, Neil wrote:
    > [quark] wrote:
    > >I have a vbox floating over the window (position: fixed) - notify message..

    > >Both of b1 and b2 have "background: transparent;" style... But the background remains white over the web page in the browser...

    > >Is it possible to fix this?

    > XUL elements are transparent by default, but I think the problem you are
    > seeing is that you can't float chrome over content. As an alternative,
    > Firefox 2 has limited support for transparent popups and tooltips while
    > Firefox 3 improves on that support and also includes transparent panels.
    >
    > --
    > Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

    Ok... Playing with FF3 now... And I have a problem... I can't make
    dynamically created panel element to float above the content area. In
    DOM Inspector this panel's display attribute is "block" instead of "-
    moz-popup" but I don't know why... that looks strange...

  4. Re: Transparent background for XUL Element

    On 5 Тра, 15:26, "[quark]" wrote:
    > On 2 ôÒÁ, 15:43, Neil wrote:
    >
    > > [quark] wrote:
    > > >I have a vbox floating over the window (position: fixed) - notify message.

    > > >Both of b1 and b2 have "background: transparent;" style... But the background remains white over the web page in the browser...

    > > >Is it possible to fix this?

    > > XUL elements are transparent by default, but I think the problem you are
    > > seeing is that you can't float chrome over content. As an alternative,
    > > Firefox 2 has limited support for transparent popups and tooltips while
    > > Firefox 3 improves on that support and also includes transparent panels.

    > > --
    > > Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

    > Ok... Playing with FF3 now... And I have a problem... I can't make
    > dynamically created panel element to float above the content area. In
    > DOM Inspector this panel's display attribute is "block" instead of "-
    > moz-popup" but I don't know why... that looks strange...

    On and

    panel = document.createElement("panel");
    document.getElementById("my-container").appendChild(panel);
    panel.showPopup(panel.parentNode, "before_end", 0, 0, false, false);

    says that showPopup is not a function. that's kinda strange...

+ Reply to Thread