Pidgin Plugin - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Pidgin Plugin - Mozilla ; Hi I want to make a plugin for Thunderbird that lets you tie in Pidgin with the address book. For example, in the address list, there would be a pidgin column, which would contain icons which would show if A) ...

  1. Pidgin Plugin

    Hi

    I want to make a plugin for Thunderbird that lets you tie in Pidgin
    with the address book.
    For example, in the address list, there would be a pidgin column,
    which would contain icons which would show if A) the user is added in
    pidgin and if so, B) show their status. I think this may have to be a
    two-way plugin (two plugins, one for pidgin, one for thunderbird.)

    My Questio is - would this be REALLY hard? Or could someone like me,
    with intermediate HTML knowledge, learn how to make such an add-on?

  2. Re: Pidgin Plugin

  3. Re: Pidgin Plugin

    On Apr 25, 11:56*pm, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman
    wrote:

    I've heard of dbus... I use compiz-fusion, and used dbus to make some
    shortcuts to initiate expo and widget layer.
    Regardless, I don't know much about it. I'll look up on this topic -
    if you find any good references, then let me know.

  4. Re: Pidgin Plugin

    Found a windows port of dbus:http://sourceforge.net/projects/windbus,
    but it's not much at the moment.
    Are there other ways I could implement this into windows? I use linux
    and windows, and I don't mind if it's just a linux thing.

  5. Re: Pidgin Plugin

+ Reply to Thread