fx3 porting question - Mozilla

This is a discussion on fx3 porting question - Mozilla ; Hi, Because of changes in the way bookmark icons are handled in Fx3 I'm looking at writing an extension as a companion for a theme. The theme's design calls for different icons (for documents having no favicon) in different places, ...

  1. fx3 porting question

    Hi,

    Because of changes in the way bookmark icons are handled in Fx3 I'm
    looking at writing an extension as a companion for a theme. The
    theme's design calls for different icons (for documents having no
    favicon) in different places, to match the background, which works
    great with Fx2 but not so much with Fx3. In Fx3, one of the services
    (I think it's faviconService, IIRC from the last time I looked at
    this) loads an image file at a specific chrome URL and uses that for
    any document that doesn't have its own favicon.

    Figure 1: Fx2, as intended

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/5s9blm

    Figure 2: Fx3, one of these things is not like the others

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ds34a

    I'm thinking of offering an extension for Fx3 that will go through and
    set the icon to be what I need, and only in the case of bookmark items
    not having favicons when shown in the bookmarks sidebar or history
    sidebar of the main browser window, and only when this particular
    theme is in use. Is there anything that would prevent this approach
    from working?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: fx3 porting question

    On Apr 9, 9:07 pm, mcdavis941 wrote:
    > I'm thinking of offering an extension for Fx3 that will go through and
    > set the icon

    With the landing of Bug 424286, this is no longer an issue. Thanks
    anyway.

+ Reply to Thread