Capturing a download when its done? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Capturing a download when its done? - Mozilla ; Hi All, I have been searching and reading, but haven't found anything even closely relating to my problem. The case is, I want to make an extension that post-processes downloads, after they are done downloading, possibly renaming the files and/or ...

  1. Capturing a download when its done?

    Hi All,

    I have been searching and reading, but haven't found anything even
    closely relating to my problem.

    The case is, I want to make an extension that post-processes
    downloads, after they are done downloading, possibly renaming the
    files and/or moving them to a new place on the filesystem.

    Is it possible to "catch" a download when it starts, and then
    subscribe to some sort of onDownloaded event, leading to beaing able
    to process the files after they have been saved?

    /Peter

  2. Re: Capturing a download when its done?

    > Is it possible to "catch" a download when it starts, and then
    > subscribe to some sort of onDownloaded event, *leading to beaing able
    > to process the files after they have been saved?

    Peter,

    You'll probably want to take a look at
    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...ogressListener.

    Cheers,