Update.rdf for Firefox 3 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Update.rdf for Firefox 3 - Mozilla ; Hi, I'm trying to update my extension for Firefox 3, and I'm trying to release an xpi JUST for Firefox 3 (and keep FF2 users on the current version, because I haven't figured out a compatible way to get both ...

  1. Update.rdf for Firefox 3

    Hi, I'm trying to update my extension for Firefox 3, and I'm trying to
    release an xpi JUST for Firefox 3 (and keep FF2 users on the current
    version, because I haven't figured out a compatible way to get both to
    work comfortably, then proceed to release a "unified" version again
    once I find a way).

    However, I'm having issues getting Firefox 3 to find the update. My
    update.rdf file is here:

    https://www.getfarky.com/update/update.rdf.full (normally named
    update.rdf)

    and a test version, simplified with only 1.1.10 (the version I'm
    trying to release):

    https://www.getfarky.com/update/update.rdf

    If I set the minVersion of 1.1.10 to 3.0, Firefox 2 obviously doesn't
    find an update. But neither does Firefox 3. If (just to test things) I
    set the minVersion to 2.0, Firefox 2 will find the update but Firefox
    3 will not even though it SHOULD.

    Why isn't Firefox 3 seeing any update, no matter what minVersion is
    set to?

    My SSL cert is fine and the update feature worked once (1.1.8 ->
    1.1.9). I don't understand what's happening.

    Thanks,
    Grant Harding

  2. Re: Update.rdf for Firefox 3

    takek a look at clrtabs.rdf at http://thestasis.com/files/extensions/clrtabs.rdf

    I'm offerring different updates for ff2 and ff3

    Grant wrote:
    > Hi, I'm trying to update my extension for Firefox 3, and I'm trying to
    > release an xpi JUST for Firefox 3 (and keep FF2 users on the current
    > version, because I haven't figured out a compatible way to get both to
    > work comfortably, then proceed to release a "unified" version again
    > once I find a way).
    >
    > However, I'm having issues getting Firefox 3 to find the update. My
    > update.rdf file is here:
    >
    > https://www.getfarky.com/update/update.rdf.full (normally named
    > update.rdf)
    >
    > and a test version, simplified with only 1.1.10 (the version I'm
    > trying to release):
    >
    > https://www.getfarky.com/update/update.rdf
    >
    > If I set the minVersion of 1.1.10 to 3.0, Firefox 2 obviously doesn't
    > find an update. But neither does Firefox 3. If (just to test things) I
    > set the minVersion to 2.0, Firefox 2 will find the update but Firefox
    > 3 will not even though it SHOULD.
    >
    > Why isn't Firefox 3 seeing any update, no matter what minVersion is
    > set to?
    >
    > My SSL cert is fine and the update feature worked once (1.1.8 ->
    > 1.1.9). I don't understand what's happening.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Grant Harding

  3. Re: Update.rdf for Firefox 3

    Grant wrote:
    > Hi, I'm trying to update my extension for Firefox 3, and I'm trying to
    > release an xpi JUST for Firefox 3 (and keep FF2 users on the current
    > version, because I haven't figured out a compatible way to get both to
    > work comfortably, then proceed to release a "unified" version again
    > once I find a way).
    >
    > However, I'm having issues getting Firefox 3 to find the update. My
    > update.rdf file is here:
    >
    > https://www.getfarky.com/update/update.rdf.full (normally named
    > update.rdf)
    >
    > and a test version, simplified with only 1.1.10 (the version I'm
    > trying to release):
    >
    > https://www.getfarky.com/update/update.rdf

    The files I see are different to what you describe, perhaps you have
    changed them since posting?

    > If I set the minVersion of 1.1.10 to 3.0, Firefox 2 obviously doesn't
    > find an update. But neither does Firefox 3. If (just to test things) I
    > set the minVersion to 2.0, Firefox 2 will find the update but Firefox
    > 3 will not even though it SHOULD.

    A minVersion of 3.0 would not let the currently nightly builds of
    Firefox 3 see it, because they aren't Firefox 3 yet they are less than that.

    > Why isn't Firefox 3 seeing any update, no matter what minVersion is
    > set to?

    Enable extensions.logging.enabled, check for updates for your extension
    only then check the error console.

+ Reply to Thread