mouse state outside onmouseup/down/click
I'd need to know if there's a method to be able to detect the state of
the mouse buttons, outside of onmouseup/down/click.
Consider the following:
1) user clicks (and holds the button) somewhere in the document,
2) user moves the mouse pointer outside of the browser window
3) user releases button outside the browser window
4) user moves the mouse pointer back on the browser window
there seems to be no way to detect whenever 3) actually happened or
what I'd need is either
- knowing the button states from within onmousemove
- knowing the button states from within onmouseover (fired on 4))
- knowing the button states by means of some global variable
any suggestion about the above would be very much appreciated.