can a extension access javascript events ina page - Mozilla

This is a discussion on can a extension access javascript events ina page - Mozilla ; Suppose I have a html page with many check boxes . A user can mark the check boxes as checked. I want to develop an extension which will tell me which check boxes have been checked, and also parse the ...

  1. can a extension access javascript events ina page

    Suppose I have a html page with many check boxes .
    A user can mark the check boxes as checked.

    I want to develop an extension which will tell me which check boxes have been checked,
    and also parse the whole page and send some information to a remote database.

    It is possible to do all these with an extension?

    -pushpen

  2. Re: can a extension access javascript events ina page

    On Mar 9, 4:16 pm, "Pushpen Singh" wrote:
    > Suppose I have a html page with many check boxes .
    > A user can mark the check boxes as checked.
    >
    > I want to develop an extension which will tell me which check boxes have been checked,
    > and also parse the whole page and send some information to a remote database.

    This can be done if you just pass your entire page through a socket to
    a backend Java service which could upload it to a database. Regarding
    the checkboxes, you have to have a "Focused" event handler..

    > It is possible to do all these with an extension?
    >
    > -pushpen

    HTH

+ Reply to Thread