Question about toolbar icon for thunderbird - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Question about toolbar icon for thunderbird - Mozilla ; Hi, I have a 2 year old extension to support. It installs directly to "C:\program files\thundebird\chrome\myextension.jar". The jar has js , xul, css files. and there is a xpinstall.manifest file in the same directory as the jar file. Everything seems ...

  1. Question about toolbar icon for thunderbird

    Hi, I have a 2 year old extension to support. It installs directly to
    "C:\program files\thundebird\chrome\myextension.jar".

    The jar has

    js, xul, css files.
    and there is a xpinstall.manifest file in the same directory as the
    jar file.

    Everything seems to work fine and the icon shows up in the View-
    >Customize screen. And I can drag and drop it to the toolbar menu and

    all functional. And when I restart thunderbird, it will also persit on
    the menu.

    However, the problem is when I click View-> Customize, and then click
    on "Cancel" instead of "OK" then my icon will just disappear.

    Does anyone know what is going on with that? Is it becuase I didn't
    register the extension properly to the profile folder?

  2. Re: Question about toolbar icon for thunderbird

    kennychangca@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi, I have a 2 year old extension to support. It installs directly to
    > "C:\program files\thundebird\chrome\myextension.jar".
    >
    > The jar has
    >
    > js, xul, css files.
    > and there is a xpinstall.manifest file in the same directory as the
    > jar file.
    >
    > Everything seems to work fine and the icon shows up in the View-
    >> Customize screen. And I can drag and drop it to the toolbar menu and

    > all functional. And when I restart thunderbird, it will also persit on
    > the menu.
    >
    > However, the problem is when I click View-> Customize, and then click
    > on "Cancel" instead of "OK" then my icon will just disappear.
    >
    > Does anyone know what is going on with that? Is it becuase I didn't
    > register the extension properly to the profile folder?

    It is because you didn't properly "register" your toolbar button with
    thunderbird.
    See: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...ippets:Toolbar and
    linked tutorials.

    Nils

  3. Re: Question about toolbar icon for thunderbird

    On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 23:56:13 +0100, Nils Maier wrote:
    > kennychangca@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Hi, I have a 2 year old extension to support. It installs directly to
    >> "C:\program files\thundebird\chrome\myextension.jar".

    >> The jar has

    >> js, xul, css files.
    >> and there is a xpinstall.manifest file in the same directory as the
    >> jar file.

    >> Everything seems to work fine and the icon shows up in the View-
    >>> Customize screen. And I can drag and drop it to the toolbar menu and

    >> all functional. And when I restart thunderbird, it will also persit on
    >> the menu.

    >> However, the problem is when I click View-> Customize, and then click
    >> on "Cancel" instead of "OK" then my icon will just disappear.

    >> Does anyone know what is going on with that? Is it becuase I didn't
    >> register the extension properly to the profile folder?

    > It is because you didn't properly "register" your toolbar button with
    > thunderbird.

    Nils, I suggest that your diagnosis is too hasty. After all he said that
    his toolbar button shows up in the Customize Toolbar window and can be
    dragged and dropped on to the menubar.

    Kenny, without knowing how your extension is structured the rest of us
    can only guess. At least post a download link to your extension so that
    someone here can have a look at it.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

+ Reply to Thread