i want my search engine back - Mozilla

This is a discussion on i want my search engine back - Mozilla ; whenever i use to type any word in the navigation bar it use to search pages in Google now the search is done by AOL which i don't want can u suggest what can i do????...

  1. i want my search engine back

    whenever i use to type any word in the navigation bar it use to search
    pages in Google now the search is done by AOL which i don't want
    can u suggest what can i do????

  2. Re: i want my search engine back

    On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:12 PM, wrote:
    > whenever i use to type any word in the navigation bar it use to search
    > pages in Google now the search is done by AOL which i don't want
    > can u suggest what can i do????

    In Firefox, go to the "URL" about:config

    Once there, change `keyword.URL` to
    http://www.google.com/search?btnI=I%...eling+Lucky&q=

    Viola!

    --

    Daniel P. Brown
    Senior Unix Geek

  3. Re: i want my search engine back

    On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Daniel Brown wrote:
    > Viola!

    Err.... and "voila", too. ;-P

    --

    Daniel P. Brown
    Senior Unix Geek

  4. Re: i want my search engine back

    On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:39 PM, alex borde wrote:

    > on your reply i still did not get what you are talking about
    > i just want the search to be performed by Google or by it self and not by
    > Aol

    Maybe I should give it in steps:

    1.) In your Firefox Location bar, type (without quotes):
    "about:config" This brings up the FF configuration screen.
    2.) Find the parameter (again, without quotes): "keyword.URL"
    3.) Change the value for "keyword.URL" to the following URL:
    http://www.google.com/search?btnI=I%...eling+Lucky&q=

    That will change it back to the way it was when you first
    installed Firefox (when it used Google's "I'm Feeling Lucky" search).

    --

    Daniel P. Brown
    Senior Unix Geek

  5. Re: i want my search engine back

    Daniel Brown wrote:

    >On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Daniel Brown wrote:
    >

    >> Viola!
    >>

    >Err.... and "voila", too. ;-P

    Actually I quite like the viola.

    --