newbie help with xpcom - Mozilla

This is a discussion on newbie help with xpcom - Mozilla ; Hi everyone, I'm working on a school project trying to write an extension for firefox and am having a hard time getting acquainted with how everything works. I'm trying to write an XPCOM component in C++ working with the mozilla ...

  1. newbie help with xpcom

    Hi everyone,
    I'm working on a school project trying to write an extension for
    firefox and am having a hard time getting acquainted with how
    everything works. I'm trying to write an XPCOM component in C++
    working with the mozilla build system. All I'm trying to do right now
    is send an Http OPTIONS request to a specific URL, and look at the
    headers (specifically the Server header) that comes back in the
    response. Can someone please help me out with the basics on how to do
    this? I've been trying to use nsIChannel, nsIHttpChannel, and other
    things, but cant seem to get it to work. Any help would be very much
    appreciated.
    -Ryan

  2. Re: newbie help with xpcom

    ryan.mclelland@gmail.com wrote:

    > I'm working on a school project trying to write an extension for
    > firefox and am having a hard time getting acquainted with how
    > everything works. I'm trying to write an XPCOM component in C++
    > working with the mozilla build system. All I'm trying to do right now
    > is send an Http OPTIONS request to a specific URL, and look at the
    > headers (specifically the Server header) that comes back in the
    > response. Can someone please help me out with the basics on how to do
    > this? I've been trying to use nsIChannel, nsIHttpChannel, and other
    > things, but cant seem to get it to work. Any help would be very much
    > appreciated.

    Is there any particular requirement that you use C++? I believe you can do
    this very easily from JavaScript in an extension using XMLHttpRequest... if
    not, using XPCOM from JS is still a lot simpler than from C++

    --BDS

+ Reply to Thread