Momorize persistent data - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Momorize persistent data - Mozilla ; Hello everybody! My extension need to momorize persistent data, like visited URL. I tired with XML, but it's not suitable for my situation, because the file become too much big and the extesion need frequnt parse and serialization operations on ...

  1. Momorize persistent data

    Hello everybody!
    My extension need to momorize persistent data, like visited URL.
    I tired with XML, but it's not suitable for my situation, because the
    file become too much big and the extesion need frequnt parse and
    serialization operations on this file, causing crashes.
    I need something like database.
    Everybody can help me?

  2. Re: Momorize persistent data

    You could use the Storage API (http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/
    Storage). That provides an sqlite database that's quite easy to work
    with.

    On Oct 11, 2007, at 3:20 PM, ilopriz@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello everybody!
    > My extension need to momorize persistent data, like visited URL.
    > I tired with XML, but it's not suitable for my situation, because the
    > file become too much big and the extesion need frequnt parse and
    > serialization operations on this file, causing crashes.
    > I need something like database.
    > Everybody can help me?

    Eric Shepherd
    Developer Documentation Lead