signed extension, install.rdf and maxVersion - Mozilla

This is a discussion on signed extension, install.rdf and maxVersion - Mozilla ; Hi, I have built a Firefox plugin. I have an install.rdf file with the following {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384} 1.5 2.0.0.* I have signed the package and tried to install it on FF 2.0.0.7 (I have installed MR Tech Local Install) If a ...

  1. signed extension, install.rdf and maxVersion

    Hi,

    I have built a Firefox plugin. I have an install.rdf file with the
    following

    {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
    1.5
    2.0.0.*

    I have signed the package and tried to install it on FF 2.0.0.7 (I
    have installed MR Tech Local Install)

    If a drag-drop the xpi file and clicl "instyall Now" gives me an
    error: "Firefox could not install the file at <...> because: Signing
    could not be verified - 260" and in the Error Console (Tools/Error
    Console menu) I get "Signature Verification Error: the signature on
    this .jar archive is invalid because the digital signature (*.RSA)
    file is not a valid signature of the signature instruction file
    (*.SF)." which makes no sense.

    If I drag-drop the xpi package and check off the 'override maxVersion
    compatibility checking' check box, the extension installs properly

    I have tried to play with the maxVersion value in the install.rdf file
    but no luck.

    I am using a real certificate to sign the file.

    Does anyone knows how to fix this issue?

    Thanks,
    Sana

  2. Re: signed extension, install.rdf and maxVersion

    Sana wrote:
    > I have signed the package and tried to install it on FF 2.0.0.7 (I
    > have installed MR Tech Local Install)

    Do you have a similar problem if MR Tech Local Install isn't installed?

  3. Re: signed extension, install.rdf and maxVersion

    On Oct 10, 5:42 am, Dave Townsend wrote:
    > Sana wrote:
    > > I have signed the package and tried to install it on FF 2.0.0.7 (I
    > > have installed MR Tech Local Install)

    > Do you have a similar problem if MR Tech Local Install isn't installed?

    Yes, I have the same problem. It is not MR Tech local Install, it is
    firefox I believe. I had the problem before installing MR Tech Local
    Install. I instelled it just to be able to supress the maxVersion
    checking.

    Thanks

  4. Re: signed extension, install.rdf and maxVersion

    Problem solved. It does not happen on a clean machine :-)

    /Sana

+ Reply to Thread