Plugins in thunderbird! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Plugins in thunderbird! - Mozilla ; Hi I am trying to make plugin work in TB 2 OR 1.5 without luck. I have enabled: "mailnews.message_display.allow.plugins" But it does not seem to work. I created the plugins folder in TB 2 folder and in the profile's folder ...

  1. Plugins in thunderbird!

    Hi

    I am trying to make plugin work in TB 2 OR 1.5 without luck.

    I have enabled:

    "mailnews.message_display.allow.plugins"

    But it does not seem to work. I created the plugins folder in TB 2
    folder and in the profile's folder with no positive result

    It fails with either of these two methods:

    - insert embed tag or html:embed tag in XUL code
    - insert a browser element whose homepage is a page containing en
    embed tag. The page works well in firefox, but when it's loaded in the
    browser element of xul in TB 2 it does not

    I would really appreciate help on this. I have no problem in coding in
    C++, or something similar, but prefer not to recompile TB but rather
    create an XPCOM in an extreme case

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Plugins in thunderbird!

    Mark wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying to make plugin work in TB 2 OR 1.5 without luck.

    1.8.0 branch (TB 1.5):
    http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.8.0/...figure.in#4137
    1.8 branch (TB 2.0):
    http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.8/so...figure.in#4389

    Plugins are not, by default, built as part of Tbird. I believe that
    pref you mentioned was for the suite to use. (You'd need to build with
    explicit ac_add_options --enable-plugins)

    Hope this, err, at least stops you from going further down a useless track.

    --
    Mook
    mook dot moz blah blah

+ Reply to Thread