Re: Dynamically loading extensions - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Dynamically loading extensions - Mozilla ; >So there is really no solution It's perhaps time to think about creating something like this... Thankfully there is no solution. Permitting websites to install XPIs (privileged code0 without user approval is a HUGE security risk. I doubt that will ...

  1. Re: Dynamically loading extensions

    >So there is really no solution It's perhaps time to think about creating something like this...<

    Thankfully there is no solution. Permitting websites to install XPIs (privileged code0 without user approval is a HUGE security risk. I doubt that will ever become part of Firefox.

  2. Re: Dynamically loading extensions

    eric.jung@yahoo.com pisze:
    >> So there is really no solution It's perhaps time to think about creating something like this...<

    > Thankfully there is no solution. Permitting websites to install XPIs (privileged code0 without user approval is a HUGE security risk. I doubt that will ever become part of Firefox.

    Hi

    Try think about other solution: not extension, but Web XUL-based
    application. Simply instead sending HTML to user, send him XUL, and FF
    will open it as application.

    To see example how this may work, try to put this url:

    chrome://browser/content/browser.xul

    into FF address bar... result is funny ;-)

    Xul and JS opened from Web, have less privileges, but it may be
    sufficient for your needs.

    --
    Arivald

+ Reply to Thread