Added to http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...ippets:Sidebar

----- Original Message ----
From: Philip Chee
To: dev-extensions@lists.mozilla.org
Sent: Sunday, September 2, 2007 12:39:52 AM
Subject: Re: Open Sidebar when Firefox Loads

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 15:25:30 -0700, //esteban// wrote:
> I need to get the sidebar open automatically when firefox starts

> I use:
> " getElementById("sidebar-box").hidden " attribute to get the state of
> the sidebar.

> So if its hidden I need to display it. How do I open the sidebar from
> javascript?

You shouldn't. The Kodak image uploader extension - based on PhotoFox I
think opens it's sidebar on startup and this is the most frequent
complaint by users on various forums. And the most common request is how
to turn this &%@#$* feature off.

Aside from this if two or more extensions try to open their sidebars on
startup, the poor user will see a flurry of sidebars opening and closing
with which ever extension going last "winning".

Phil

--
-==-
Philip Chee ,