extension install and uninstall - Mozilla

This is a discussion on extension install and uninstall - Mozilla ; I used the extension wizard to generate a skeleton extension. I put the 'myext@myext' text file into the extensions folder to point to my extension files. It seemed to work. except: 1. the javascript in overlay. js doesn't get called ...

  1. extension install and uninstall

    I used the extension wizard to generate a skeleton extension.
    I put the 'myext@myext' text file into the extensions folder to point
    to my extension files.
    It seemed to work.
    except:

    1. the javascript in overlay.js doesn't get called every time you
    load a new page. It seems flaky.

    2. i click 'uninstall' in the addons panel - it says the plugin will
    be removed when i restart firefox. It never get's removed.

    is there a solution to all this madness?

  2. Re: extension install and uninstall

    mlabs wrote:
    > I used the extension wizard to generate a skeleton extension.
    > I put the 'myext@myext' text file into the extensions folder to point
    > to my extension files.
    > It seemed to work.
    > except:
    >
    > 1. the javascript in overlay.js doesn't get called every time you
    > load a new page. It seems flaky.

    It shouldn't. Overlay attached js files should get run once per browser
    window.

    > 2. i click 'uninstall' in the addons panel - it says the plugin will
    > be removed when i restart firefox. It never get's removed.

    Sounds like a corrupt extensions.rdf, read the support docs on it at
    kb.mozillazine.org

  3. Re: extension install and uninstall

    On 28/08/2007 19:58 (CET), mlabs wrote:
    > I used the extension wizard to generate a skeleton extension.
    > I put the 'myext@myext' text file into the extensions folder to point
    > to my extension files.
    > It seemed to work.
    > except:
    >
    > 1. the javascript in overlay.js doesn't get called every time you
    > load a new page. It seems flaky.
    >
    > 2. i click 'uninstall' in the addons panel - it says the plugin will
    > be removed when i restart firefox. It never get's removed.
    >
    > is there a solution to all this madness?

    Is your chrome.manifest pointing to a JAR file? I've seem some
    unexpected behaviour in this case before. Try pointing to folders instead.

    - Brian

+ Reply to Thread