Disabling open/save dialog - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Disabling open/save dialog - Mozilla ; I'm developing a kiosk extension and I'm looking for the way to completely disable the open/save dialog. I already know that this can be done by altering the nsHelperAppDlg. js file, but I don't want to leave user with disabled ...

  1. Disabling open/save dialog

    I'm developing a kiosk extension and I'm looking for the way to
    completely disable the open/save dialog. I already know that this can
    be done by altering the nsHelperAppDlg.js file, but I don't want to
    leave user with disabled dialog after he uninstalls my extension. Any
    suggestions?

  2. Re: Disabling open/save dialog

    Usefuldiot462@gmail.com pisze:
    > I'm developing a kiosk extension and I'm looking for the way to
    > completely disable the open/save dialog. I already know that this can
    > be done by altering the nsHelperAppDlg.js file, but I don't want to
    > leave user with disabled dialog after he uninstalls my extension. Any
    > suggestions?

    if you want only override function, then:

    1) add some script to window you want to change, using XUL overlay.