Lance Duivenbode wrote:

>Aside from reloading the window's document (i.e. document.location = getBrowserURL() is there a way I can simply "turn on" these toolbars?

There is but there are flags that can't be turned back on, so you might
be better off simply opening a new default window (but be careful to
wait for it to open before you start closing the other windows). The
ones that can be turned on are properties of the window object: menubar,
toolbar, locationbar, personalbar, statusbar, scrollbars (but note that
setting scrollbars.visible doesn't affect the current page, only
subsequent pages).

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.