getShellService() Returning Null on - Mozilla

This is a discussion on getShellService() Returning Null on - Mozilla ; My addon in FF calls getShellService(). This seems to work fine for most of my users. But one has notified me that this is failing on his Gento Linux installations. I have never even heard of this variant. Any suggestions ...

  1. getShellService() Returning Null on

    My addon in FF calls getShellService(). This seems to work fine for most
    of my users. But one has notified me that this is failing on his Gento
    Linux installations. I have never even heard of this variant. Any
    suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks.

  2. Re: getShellService() Returning Null on

    whitedavidp@fastmail.us wrote:
    > My addon in FF calls getShellService(). This seems to work fine for most
    > of my users. But one has notified me that this is failing on his Gento
    > Linux installations. I have never even heard of this variant. Any
    > suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks.

    It is normal for the shellservice to be unavailable on some Linux
    configurations: for example, those without gnome-ui. Your code should be
    aware of this and place a try/catch block around any code that tries to use
    the shellservice.

    --BDS

+ Reply to Thread