cross-domain security problem in firefox extension - Mozilla

This is a discussion on cross-domain security problem in firefox extension - Mozilla ; it seem in Windows IE , the plugin or extension could not do a xmlhttp request to remote host which is not the current access web site, my question is, in firefox, is there still a cross-domain problem ? if ...

  1. cross-domain security problem in firefox extension

    it seem in Windows IE , the plugin or extension could not do a xmlhttp
    request to remote host which is not the current access web site,
    my question is, in firefox, is there still
    a cross-domain problem ? if yes, how could i work around it?
    thanks

  2. Re: cross-domain security problem in firefox extension

    dou W wrote:
    > it seem in Windows IE , the plugin or extension could not do a xmlhttp
    > request to remote host which is not the current access web site,
    > my question is, in firefox, is there still
    > a cross-domain problem ? if yes, how could i work around it?
    > thanks

    If you are running as an extension then your code can access any server
    it likes. Web content though is restricted to the same host I believe.

    Dave

  3. Re: cross-domain security problem in firefox extension

    On 24-Aug-07, at 10:02 AM, Dave Townsend wrote:

    > dou W wrote:
    >> it seem in Windows IE , the plugin or extension could not do a
    >> xmlhttp
    >> request to remote host which is not the current access web site,
    >> my question is, in firefox, is there still
    >> a cross-domain problem ? if yes, how could i work around it?
    >> thanks

    > If you are running as an extension then your code can access any
    > server
    > it likes. Web content though is restricted to the same host I believe.
    >
    > Dave

    The cross site script issue is only a problem if the javascript is in
    the Webpage. Javascripts that are in extensions do not suffer from
    this problem.

    Chris

  4. Re: cross-domain security problem in firefox extension

    thanks, that's what i want to know!!