Firefox command line - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox command line - Mozilla ; Hi, I want to open Firefox by command line sending an url as argument (first part) and after I want to know if the url was completely loaded (second part). The first part is okay, but the second is a ...

  1. Firefox command line

    Hi,

    I want to open Firefox by command line sending an url as argument
    (first part) and after I want to know if the url was completely loaded
    (second part).

    The first part is okay, but the second is a little dark.

    I've searched for some command line reference, but I can't found it.
    Is there some reference or can anyone help me?

    Thanks,
    Josť Valim.

  2. Re: Firefox command line

    Josť Valim wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to open Firefox by command line sending an url as argument
    > (first part) and after I want to know if the url was completely loaded
    > (second part).
    >
    > The first part is okay, but the second is a little dark.
    >
    > I've searched for some command line reference, but I can't found it.
    > Is there some reference or can anyone help me?

    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...:_Command_Line

    --BDS

  3. Re: Firefox command line

    Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
    > Josť Valim wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I want to open Firefox by command line sending an url as argument
    >> (first part) and after I want to know if the url was completely loaded
    >> (second part).
    >>
    >> The first part is okay, but the second is a little dark.
    >>
    >> I've searched for some command line reference, but I can't found it.
    >> Is there some reference or can anyone help me?

    > http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...:_Command_Line
    >
    > --BDS

    That wiki page explains how to implement new command-line arguments, e.g. for
    extensions.

    Existing command-line arguments (including, IIUC, those you have implemented
    by the method above), but only most of them, not all of them, are shown when
    you invoke Firefox from a shell prompt (aka command prompt) as

    firefox -h |more

    The "|more" redirection doesn't hurt; on some platforms and versions
    (especially "release" versions for Windows) it is necessary, because without
    it, those versions release their stdout before writing to it.

    Other existing command-line arguments are described here and there in the
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/ (Mozillazine Knowledge Base) wiki but I haven't
    found a central place from where to reach them all.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Maintainer's Motto: