Thunderbird date format - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird date format - Mozilla ; Hi, I'm working on an extension that uses the received date displayed in thunderbird in the message window. On my machine it comes up formatted as dd/mm/yyyy for mail more than a day old. For todays mail only the tim ...

  1. Thunderbird date format

    Hi,
    I'm working on an extension that uses the received date displayed in
    thunderbird in the message window. On my machine it comes up formatted
    as dd/mm/yyyy for mail more than a day old. For todays mail only the tim
    e is shown as hh:mm Can anyone tell me if they see the date in a
    different format.

    Thanks,
    Ali

  2. Re: Thunderbird date format

    Ali wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm working on an extension that uses the received date displayed in
    > thunderbird in the message window. On my machine it comes up formatted
    > as dd/mm/yyyy for mail more than a day old. For todays mail only the tim
    > e is shown as hh:mm Can anyone tell me if they see the date in a
    > different format.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ali

    On Linux, the date format is a function od the LC_TIME environment variable.
    On Windows, it depends on the "country settings for date & time" (or whatever
    they are called). In addition, how Thunderbird displays the time in the
    message list pane also depends on some about:config settings (see below). I
    intentionally set LC_TIME to en_GB in Thunderbird (rather than my system
    default fr_BE), in order to get the following:

    mail sent today:
    22:40
    mail sent in the week ending yesterday:
    Sun 19:29
    other dates:
    13/08/07 23:34

    The latter means 13-Aug-2007 slightly less than half an hour before midnight.