Adding support to another scripting language - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Adding support to another scripting language - Mozilla ; Hi, I want to know if it's possible to use extensions for adding to Firefox the capability to process a different scripting language (like javascript). Fábio....

  1. Adding support to another scripting language

    Hi,

    I want to know if it's possible to use extensions for adding to
    Firefox the capability to process a different scripting language (like
    javascript).

    Fábio.

  2. Re: Adding support to another scripting language

    On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:35:30 -0000, flsusp wrote:

    > I want to know if it's possible to use extensions for adding to
    > Firefox the capability to process a different scripting language (like
    > javascript).

    What makes you think that Firefox can't process javascript?

    But more seriously you'll need:
    1. A version of Firefox (trunk) that supports language agnostic
    functionality.
    2. Recompile it with support for another scripting language. Currently
    only python is supported but in principle any turing complete scripting
    language could be used.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]I'm an analog man in a digital world.

  3. Re: Adding support to another scripting language

    Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:35:30 -0000, flsusp wrote:
    >
    >> I want to know if it's possible to use extensions for adding to
    >> Firefox the capability to process a different scripting language (like
    >> javascript).

    > What makes you think that Firefox can't process javascript?
    >
    > But more seriously you'll need:
    > 1. A version of Firefox (trunk) that supports language agnostic
    > functionality.
    > 2. Recompile it with support for another scripting language. Currently
    > only python is supported but in principle any turing complete scripting
    > language could be used.
    >
    > Phil

    Just out of curiosity, is it really required for people to use a *turing
    complete* language? If so, why?

    ~ Gijs

+ Reply to Thread