TB: Disable automatic download of attachments from known formats - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB: Disable automatic download of attachments from known formats - Mozilla ; hi, i'm looking for solution about this problem: if i click on an email (thunderbird, imap), TB tries to download the attachment if he knows the format. for example, if there is a big jpg as attachment, TB tries to ...

  1. TB: Disable automatic download of attachments from known formats

    hi,

    i'm looking for solution about this problem:
    if i click on an email (thunderbird, imap), TB tries to download the
    attachment if he knows the format. for example, if there is a big jpg as
    attachment, TB tries to download it. what i want is that TB only shows me
    the headlines and the text of the email without downloading the whole email
    with attachments. if theres a pdf, an for TB unknown format, everything is
    ok. he only shows me the text in the email without downloading the whole big
    attachment. if i need the attachment i can click save as and thats all.

    hope you understand my problem. i want to read the content of the emails via
    imap without downloading the whole mail. i need to disable the preview of
    the attachments in the browser for formats that TB can show.

    greetings,
    martin

  2. Re: TB: Disable automatic download of attachments from known formats

    On approximately 5/15/2007 11:13 AM, came the following characters from
    the keyboard of ma4 (Martin Viertel):
    > hi,
    >
    > i'm looking for solution about this problem:
    > if i click on an email (thunderbird, imap), TB tries to download the
    > attachment if he knows the format. for example, if there is a big jpg as
    > attachment, TB tries to download it. what i want is that TB only shows me
    > the headlines and the text of the email without downloading the whole email
    > with attachments. if theres a pdf, an for TB unknown format, everything is
    > ok. he only shows me the text in the email without downloading the whole big
    > attachment. if i need the attachment i can click save as and thats all.
    >
    > hope you understand my problem. i want to read the content of the emails via
    > imap without downloading the whole mail. i need to disable the preview of
    > the attachments in the browser for formats that TB can show.

    Try unchecking View / Attachments Inline and report back if that helps
    or not.

    --
    Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/
    ===========================

  3. Re: TB: Disable automatic download of attachments from known formats

    Hi Glenn,

    thank you, that helps
    Very good !!

    greetings back,
    martin

    "Glenn" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On approximately 5/15/2007 11:13 AM, came the following characters from
    > the keyboard of ma4 (Martin Viertel):
    >> hi,
    >>
    >> i'm looking for solution about this problem:
    >> if i click on an email (thunderbird, imap), TB tries to download the
    >> attachment if he knows the format. for example, if there is a big jpg as
    >> attachment, TB tries to download it. what i want is that TB only shows me
    >> the headlines and the text of the email without downloading the whole
    >> email with attachments. if theres a pdf, an for TB unknown format,
    >> everything is ok. he only shows me the text in the email without
    >> downloading the whole big attachment. if i need the attachment i can
    >> click save as and thats all.
    >>
    >> hope you understand my problem. i want to read the content of the emails
    >> via imap without downloading the whole mail. i need to disable the
    >> preview of the attachments in the browser for formats that TB can show.

    > Try unchecking View / Attachments Inline and report back if that helps or
    > not.
    >

    > --
    > Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/
    > ===========================
    > A protocol is complete when there is nothing left to remove.
    > -- Stuart Cheshire, Apple Computer, regarding Zero Configuration
    > Networking

  4. Re: TB: Disable automatic download of attachments from known formats

    On approximately 5/15/2007 2:10 PM, came the following characters from
    the keyboard of ma4 (Martin Viertel):
    > Hi Glenn,
    >
    > thank you, that helps
    > Very good !!
    >
    > greetings back,
    > martin
    >
    > "Glenn" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> On approximately 5/15/2007 11:13 AM, came the following characters from
    >> the keyboard of ma4 (Martin Viertel):
    >>> hi,
    >>>
    >>> i'm looking for solution about this problem:
    >>> if i click on an email (thunderbird, imap), TB tries to download the
    >>> attachment if he knows the format. for example, if there is a big jpg as
    >>> attachment, TB tries to download it. what i want is that TB only shows me
    >>> the headlines and the text of the email without downloading the whole
    >>> email with attachments. if theres a pdf, an for TB unknown format,
    >>> everything is ok. he only shows me the text in the email without
    >>> downloading the whole big attachment. if i need the attachment i can
    >>> click save as and thats all.
    >>>
    >>> hope you understand my problem. i want to read the content of the emails
    >>> via imap without downloading the whole mail. i need to disable the
    >>> preview of the attachments in the browser for formats that TB can show.

    >> Try unchecking View / Attachments Inline and report back if that helps or
    >> not.

    Great! Glad to hear that resolved the issue. That was the easy solution

    --
    Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/