API For Restarting Application? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on API For Restarting Application? - Mozilla ; I have an extension for TBird which sets up stuff to happen on the next restart of the application. I would like to be able to optionally trigger the restart from my extension's UI. Is there an API callable from ...

  1. API For Restarting Application?

    I have an extension for TBird which sets up stuff to happen on the next
    restart of the application. I would like to be able to optionally
    trigger the restart from my extension's UI.

    Is there an API callable from JS which can be used to trigger the
    restart? Or must the user close and restart themselves?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: API For Restarting Application?

    On 04/03/2007 21:01 (CET), user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > I have an extension for TBird which sets up stuff to happen on the next
    > restart of the application. I would like to be able to optionally
    > trigger the restart from my extension's UI.
    >
    > Is there an API callable from JS which can be used to trigger the
    > restart? Or must the user close and restart themselves?

    nsIAppStartup.restart passing it the eRestart flag.

    http://www.xulplanet.com/references/...ppStartup.html

    It is probably polite to give the user the choice to restart immediately
    or later.

    --
    Brian King
    www.mozdev.org - free project hosting for the Mozilla community

  3. Re: API For Restarting Application?

    On 04/03/2007 22:38 (CET), Brian King wrote:

    > nsIAppStartup.restart passing it the eRestart flag.

    I meant .quit.

    --
    Brian King
    www.mozdev.org - free project hosting for the Mozilla community

  4. Re: API For Restarting Application?

    Brian King wrote:
    > On 04/03/2007 21:01 (CET), user@domain.invalid wrote:
    >> I have an extension for TBird which sets up stuff to happen on the
    >> next restart of the application. I would like to be able to optionally
    >> trigger the restart from my extension's UI.
    >>
    >> Is there an API callable from JS which can be used to trigger the
    >> restart? Or must the user close and restart themselves?

    > nsIAppStartup.restart passing it the eRestart flag.
    >
    > http://www.xulplanet.com/references/...ppStartup.html
    >
    > It is probably polite to give the user the choice to restart immediately
    > or later.

    Certainly. I expected the restart to be optional. I think I wrote that
    in the OP. Thanks for the link. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread