problem with packaging windows xpi package ? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on problem with packaging windows xpi package ? - Mozilla ; hi, I built an extension for the firefox.And made a xpi package which works on my machine, where I set up the mozilla built system(according to http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...d_1.8_Branches ) on windows paltform , the package is works on my machine and ...

  1. problem with packaging windows xpi package ?

    hi,
    I built an extension for the firefox.And made a xpi package which
    works on my machine, where I set up the mozilla built system(according
    to http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...d_1.8_Branches)
    on windows paltform , the package is works on my machine and it wan't
    work on the other machines.I can't figure out the reason why it
    happen.Can any body help me on this?
    The install.rdf and all those are correct (compatability,versions etc)
    as far as I know .My build system was done using mozilla 1.5.0.7 code
    and I try the xpi on firefox 2.0.0.1.(I tried in separate machine
    which has the same version of firefox but it failed ).Can anybody
    help me pls
    -danr
    //install.rdf is as follows

    xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#">
    em:iconURL="chrome://tungsten/skin/wso2.png"
    em:homepageURL="homepage">

    FireFox XPI
    0.10
    2
    {ac387db8-9ca6-4639-8d0f-96752ff9d85a}
    Test
    Description about xpi

    {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
    1.5
    2.*

    -thnaks

  2. Re: problem with packaging windows xpi package ?

    On 31 Jan 2007 00:35:31 -0800, danr wrote:

    > //install.rdf is as follows

    But where is your chrome.manifest file?

    Phil
    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]More like Woody Woodpecker with a perm!

  3. Re: problem with packaging windows xpi package ?

    On Jan 31, 6:08 pm, Philip Chee wrote:
    > On 31 Jan 2007 00:35:31 -0800, danr wrote:
    >
    > > //install.rdf is as follows

    > But where is your chrome.manifest file?

    All the package structure which should be satisfied by a xpi is there
    (including chrme.manifest file.Pls note that the package works on my
    mahine but not the others)

    > Phil
    > --
    > Philip Chee , http://flashblock.mozdev.org/http://xsidebar.mozdev.org
    > Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
    > oh Night, and so be good for us to pass.
    > [ ]More like Woody Woodpecker with a perm!
    > * TagZilla 0.059.4

  4. Re: problem with packaging windows xpi package ?

    Shouldn't the iconURL and homepageURL be outside the Description, along
    with the rest of the properties?

    nikitas

    danr wrote:
    > hi,
    > I built an extension for the firefox.And made a xpi package which
    > works on my machine, where I set up the mozilla built system(according
    > to http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...d_1.8_Branches)
    > on windows paltform , the package is works on my machine and it wan't
    > work on the other machines.I can't figure out the reason why it
    > happen.Can any body help me on this?
    > The install.rdf and all those are correct (compatability,versions etc)
    > as far as I know .My build system was done using mozilla 1.5.0.7 code
    > and I try the xpi on firefox 2.0.0.1.(I tried in separate machine
    > which has the same version of firefox but it failed ).Can anybody
    > help me pls
    > -danr
    > //install.rdf is as follows
    >

    > > xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#">
    > > em:iconURL="chrome://tungsten/skin/wso2.png"
    > em:homepageURL="homepage">
    >
    > FireFox XPI
    > 0.10
    > 2