accessing browser history - Mozilla

This is a discussion on accessing browser history - Mozilla ; Hi, What is the difference between http://www.xulplanet.com/references/...mehistory.html and http://www.xulplanet.com/references/...ISHistory.html Is the first one everything, while second one is just per session? Is there example of the code that iterates through the history and gets URLs? Thanks! Alex -- alex iskold ...

  1. accessing browser history

    --
    alex iskold
    founder & cto

  2. Re: accessing browser history

    Hey Alex, I believe you are right, the former one is for history stored in
    history.dat, while the latter for session-specific history for each browser
    window.

    For code that reads all history entries from the RDF datasource into a
    JavaScript array, take a look at file 'rdfUtils.js' of my Autocomplete
    Manager extension.

    Hope this helps,
    nikitas

    "Alex Iskold" wrote in message
    news:UKudnRHguLztfS7YnZ2dnUVZ_tGsnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Hi,
    >
    > What is the difference between
    > http://www.xulplanet.com/references/...mehistory.html
    >
    > and
    >
    > http://www.xulplanet.com/references/...ISHistory.html
    >
    > Is the first one everything, while second one is just per session?
    >
    > Is there example of the code that iterates through the history and gets
    > URLs?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > Alex
    >
    > --
    > alex iskold
    > founder & cto
    > http://www.adaptiveblue.com

  3. Re: accessing browser history

    Hi Nikitas, do you mind emailing me that code?
    Your extension does not seem to be compatible with 2.0

    Alex

    --
    alex iskold
    founder & cto

    "Nikitas Liogkas" wrote in message
    newssqdnVnaVaubninYnZ2dnUVZ_tGsnZ2d@mozilla.org...
    > Hey Alex, I believe you are right, the former one is for history stored in
    > history.dat, while the latter for session-specific history for each
    > browser window.
    >
    > For code that reads all history entries from the RDF datasource into a
    > JavaScript array, take a look at file 'rdfUtils.js' of my Autocomplete
    > Manager extension.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > nikitas
    >
    > "Alex Iskold" wrote in message
    > news:UKudnRHguLztfS7YnZ2dnUVZ_tGsnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> What is the difference between
    >> http://www.xulplanet.com/references/...mehistory.html
    >>
    >> and
    >>
    >> http://www.xulplanet.com/references/...ISHistory.html
    >>
    >> Is the first one everything, while second one is just per session?
    >>
    >> Is there example of the code that iterates through the history and gets
    >> URLs?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    >> Alex
    >>
    >> --
    >> alex iskold
    >> founder & cto
    >> http://www.adaptiveblue.com

  4. Re: accessing browser history

    Never mind, i got it, thanks!

    Alex

    --
    alex iskold
    founder & cto
    http://www.adaptiveblue.com

    "Nikitas Liogkas" wrote in message
    newssqdnVnaVaubninYnZ2dnUVZ_tGsnZ2d@mozilla.org...
    > Hey Alex, I believe you are right, the former one is for history stored in
    > history.dat, while the latter for session-specific history for each
    > browser window.
    >
    > For code that reads all history entries from the RDF datasource into a
    > JavaScript array, take a look at file 'rdfUtils.js' of my Autocomplete
    > Manager extension.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > nikitas
    >
    > "Alex Iskold" wrote in message
    > news:UKudnRHguLztfS7YnZ2dnUVZ_tGsnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> What is the difference between
    >> http://www.xulplanet.com/references/...mehistory.html
    >>
    >> and
    >>
    >> http://www.xulplanet.com/references/...ISHistory.html
    >>
    >> Is the first one everything, while second one is just per session?
    >>
    >> Is there example of the code that iterates through the history and gets
    >> URLs?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    >> Alex
    >>
    >> --