Re: XUL Image - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: XUL Image - Mozilla ; Why not apply those styles (position:absolute and z-index:100000) to the element? ----- Original Message ---- From: conlan To: dev-extensions@lists.mozilla.org Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 9:40:57 PM Subject: XUL Image Is it possible to place an image in the window that ...

  1. Re: XUL Image

    Why not apply those styles (position:absolute and z-index:100000) to the element?

    ----- Original Message ----
    From: conlan
    To: dev-extensions@lists.mozilla.org
    Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 9:40:57 PM
    Subject: XUL Image

    Is it possible to place an image in the window that can be moved to
    anywhere in the window, and always remain on top of everything else?
    (similiar to using position:absolute and z-index:100000 in HTML)

  2. Re: XUL Image

    eric.jung@yahoo.com top-posted:

    >conlan wrote:
    >
    >>Is it possible to place an image in the window that can be moved to anywhere in the window, and always remain on top of everything else? (similiar to using position:absolute and z-index:100000 in HTML)

    >Why not apply those styles (position:absolute and z-index:100000) to the element?

    Because it won't work in XUL.

    To answer the original question, you can almost do this with a stack:

    The only restriction is that your image can't overlap the right or
    bottom of the window. There are workarounds to this restriction by
    messing around with overflow or negative margins but I forgot offhand
    how to do that.

    --
    Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

+ Reply to Thread