"Back" button still working erraticaly - Mozilla

This is a discussion on "Back" button still working erraticaly - Mozilla ; When browsing through a website, often the Back and Forward buttons are greyed out. Using Seamonkey 1.1.9. Would like to get this working again. I know, tabbed browsing. Never used it, don't want to. -- Gerald Ross Cochran, GA People ...

  1. "Back" button still working erraticaly

    --
    Gerald Ross
    Cochran, GA

    People who think they know everything
    are the easiest to fool.

  2. Re: "Back" button still working erraticaly

    Gerald Ross wrote:
    > When browsing through a website, often the Back and Forward buttons
    > are greyed out. Using Seamonkey 1.1.9. Would like to get this working
    > again.
    >
    > I know, tabbed browsing. Never used it, don't want to.

    close the program, and locate the file localstore.rdf which
    is in your profile. Once found, remove it. Restart SM,
    reset all your window settings again. Does it work now?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: "Back" button still working erraticaly

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Gerald Ross wrote:
    >> When browsing through a website, often the Back and Forward buttons
    >> are greyed out. Using Seamonkey 1.1.9. Would like to get this working
    >> again.
    >>
    >> I know, tabbed browsing. Never used it, don't want to.

    > close the program, and locate the file localstore.rdf which
    > is in your profile. Once found, remove it. Restart SM,
    > reset all your window settings again. Does it work now?

    You may be purple, but you de man!. But no, it didn't help.

    Sigh What settings do I need to make the tabs show up. No luck with
    that either.

    --
    Gerald Ross
    Cochran, GA

    Phobia: what's left after drinking 2
    out of a 6 pack.

  4. Re: "Back" button still working erraticaly

    Gerald Ross wrote:
    > Sigh What settings do I need to make the tabs show up. No luck with
    > that either.

    the tab settings are under Edit, Preferences, Navigator,
    Tabbed Browsing.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: "Back" button still working erraticaly

    On 5/16/2008 2:19 AM, Gerald Ross wrote:
    > When browsing through a website, often the Back and Forward buttons
    > are greyed out. Using Seamonkey 1.1.9. Would like to get this working
    > again.
    >
    > I know, tabbed browsing. Never used it, don't want to.

    The Forward button will be disabled (greyed out) unless you have used
    the Back button. Otherwise, there is no place to go forward.

    The Back button will be disabled if the current page has no predecessor.
    That might happen if the page was launched by JavaScript (or some other
    script), but I'm not sure about that.

    I do know that, with tabbed browsing, a page appearing on a new tab has
    both buttons disabled.

    --
    David E. Ross

    Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much