Strange Appearance of Bookmark Manager - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Strange Appearance of Bookmark Manager - Mozilla ; Just now, I went to do some maintenance on my bookmarks. When I opened Bookmark Manager, the display had a strange appearance that I never saw before. The column for location now has a blue bar for each entry. See ...

  1. Strange Appearance of Bookmark Manager

    Just now, I went to do some maintenance on my bookmarks. When I opened
    Bookmark Manager, the display had a strange appearance that I never saw
    before. The column for location now has a blue bar for each entry. See
    for an example.

    What caused this? How can I get rid of it?

    --
    David E. Ross

    Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much

  2. Re: Strange Appearance of Bookmark Manager

    David E. Ross wrote:
    > Just now, I went to do some maintenance on my bookmarks. When I opened
    > Bookmark Manager, the display had a strange appearance that I never saw
    > before. The column for location now has a blue bar for each entry. See
    > for an example.
    >
    > What caused this? How can I get rid of it?

    what happens if you remove the Location column and put it
    back? Click on that funny looking icon to the far right,
    that looks like a bent arrow.

    Perhaps you have a setting in your userChrome.css file, or
    perhaps its theme related. Or do you have any bookmark
    extensions.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Strange Appearance of Bookmark Manager

    On 5/9/2008 10:24 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > David E. Ross wrote:
    >> Just now, I went to do some maintenance on my bookmarks. When I opened
    >> Bookmark Manager, the display had a strange appearance that I never saw
    >> before. The column for location now has a blue bar for each entry. See
    >> for an example.
    >>
    >> What caused this? How can I get rid of it?
    >>

    > what happens if you remove the Location column and put it
    > back? Click on that funny looking icon to the far right,
    > that looks like a bent arrow.

    Problem come back when the column comes back.

    > Perhaps you have a setting in your userChrome.css file, or
    > perhaps its theme related. Or do you have any bookmark
    > extensions.

    Aside from the mandatory
    @namespace
    url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

    My userChrome.css file contains the following to use pink instead of
    yellow for secure URIs:
    #urlbar[level="high"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container,
    #urlbar[level="low"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container
    {background-color: #FFD0F0 !important}

    I have no bookmark extensions. My extensions are AddBlock Plus,
    PrefBar, Mnenhy, FlashBlock, Live HTTP Headers, and Show Password On
    Input.

    Note: I get this on all four profiles that I use.

    --
    David E. Ross

    Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much

  4. Re: Strange Appearance of Bookmark Manager

    David E. Ross wrote:
    > On 5/9/2008 10:24 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> David E. Ross wrote:
    >>> Just now, I went to do some maintenance on my bookmarks. When I opened
    >>> Bookmark Manager, the display had a strange appearance that I never saw
    >>> before. The column for location now has a blue bar for each entry. See
    >>> for an example.
    >>>
    >>> What caused this? How can I get rid of it?
    >>>

    >> what happens if you remove the Location column and put it
    >> back? Click on that funny looking icon to the far right,
    >> that looks like a bent arrow.

    > Problem come back when the column comes back.
    >
    >> Perhaps you have a setting in your userChrome.css file, or
    >> perhaps its theme related. Or do you have any bookmark
    >> extensions.

    > Aside from the mandatory
    > @namespace
    > url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
    >
    > My userChrome.css file contains the following to use pink instead of
    > yellow for secure URIs:
    > #urlbar[level="high"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container,
    > #urlbar[level="low"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container
    > {background-color: #FFD0F0 !important}
    >
    > I have no bookmark extensions. My extensions are AddBlock Plus,
    > PrefBar, Mnenhy, FlashBlock, Live HTTP Headers, and Show Password On
    > Input.
    >
    > Note: I get this on all four profiles that I use.

    I checked my Plain SM profile and no, I don't get that.

    Your four profiles, are they all using the same extensions?
    If so, then try creating a plain test profile and see.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Strange Appearance of Bookmark Manager

    On 5/10/2008 10:15 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > David E. Ross wrote:

    >>> what happens if you remove the Location column and put it
    >>> back? Click on that funny looking icon to the far right,
    >>> that looks like a bent arrow.

    >> Problem come back when the column comes back.
    >>
    >>> Perhaps you have a setting in your userChrome.css file, or
    >>> perhaps its theme related. Or do you have any bookmark
    >>> extensions.

    >> Aside from the mandatory
    >> @namespace
    >> url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
    >>
    >> My userChrome.css file contains the following to use pink instead of
    >> yellow for secure URIs:
    >> #urlbar[level="high"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container,
    >> #urlbar[level="low"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container
    >> {background-color: #FFD0F0 !important}
    >>
    >> I have no bookmark extensions. My extensions are AddBlock Plus,
    >> PrefBar, Mnenhy, FlashBlock, Live HTTP Headers, and Show Password On
    >> Input.
    >>
    >> Note: I get this on all four profiles that I use.
    >>

    > I checked my Plain SM profile and no, I don't get that.
    >
    > Your four profiles, are they all using the same extensions?
    > If so, then try creating a plain test profile and see.

    Yes, they all use the same extensions.

    A new test profile shows the same problem. Note that the following
    extensions are installed in my SeaMonkey root and thus propagated to the
    new profile: PrefBar, Mnenhy, Live HTTP Headers, and Show Password On
    Input.

    This problem first appeared after I ran chkdsk (Disc Error Check) on
    WindowsXP for my C-drive. Several Windows registry entries were altered
    by this. Although I ran chkdsk last Sunday, I was still correcting
    Windows problems last night.

    I'm thinking of reinstalling SeaMonkey. That will wipe out the
    root-installed extensions, enabling a better test. It might also
    correct the problem even with all the extensions installed.

    --
    David E. Ross

    Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much

  6. Re: Strange Appearance of Bookmark Manager

    David E. Ross wrote:
    > Yes, they all use the same extensions.
    >
    > A new test profile shows the same problem. Note that the following
    > extensions are installed in my SeaMonkey root and thus propagated to the
    > new profile: PrefBar, Mnenhy, Live HTTP Headers, and Show Password On
    > Input.

    if thats the case, then you really can't get a fair test.

    > This problem first appeared after I ran chkdsk (Disc Error Check) on
    > WindowsXP for my C-drive. Several Windows registry entries were altered
    > by this. Although I ran chkdsk last Sunday, I was still correcting
    > Windows problems last night.

    I doubt that would cause anything. Then again, its windows,
    and anything is possible.

    > I'm thinking of reinstalling SeaMonkey. That will wipe out the
    > root-installed extensions, enabling a better test. It might also
    > correct the problem even with all the extensions installed.

    that would help. Or, as another test, instead of
    uninstalling, try installing it into another directory.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  7. Re: Strange Appearance of Bookmark Manager

    On 5/9/2008 8:41 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
    > Just now, I went to do some maintenance on my bookmarks. When I opened
    > Bookmark Manager, the display had a strange appearance that I never saw
    > before. The column for location now has a blue bar for each entry. See
    > for an example.
    >
    > What caused this? How can I get rid of it?

    The problem was caused by version 0.14 of liveHTTPheaders. Reverting
    back to version 0.13.1 eliminated the problem. I submitted a Mozdev bug
    report.