Beginner's question! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Beginner's question! - Mozilla ; Hi everybody. Sorry for the (maybe) dump question. But I am a newbee for the seamonkey. I installed the programm on a WIN/XP client-PC in my office. Now I want to access to the emails- and newsgroup databases through the ...

  1. Beginner's question!

    Hi everybody.

    Sorry for the (maybe) dump question. But I am a newbee for
    the seamonkey.

    I installed the programm on a WIN/XP client-PC in my office.
    Now I want to access to the emails- and newsgroup databases through the
    net, too.

    I want to install the SM-programm on any other XP-/Linux-PC in
    my office and need to know how I can access to my databases without
    duplicate everything. I have a Debian server with Samba Shares.

    Is this possible?

    Thanx

    :-)

    Rainer

    \\\\|////
    \\ _ _ //
    ( o o )
    ===============oOOo-(_)-oOOo==================
    Rainer Rutka Telefon: 07531 / 29842
    Griesseggstrasse 27 D E-Mail: rainer@k-r.de
    D-78462 Konstanz URL: www.k-r.de
    =======================Oooo===================
    oooO ( )
    ( ) ) /
    \ ( (_/
    \_)
    ~

  2. Re: Beginner's question!

    Rainer Rutka wrote:
    > Hi everybody.
    >
    > Sorry for the (maybe) dump question. But I am a newbee for
    > the seamonkey.
    >
    > I installed the programm on a WIN/XP client-PC in my office.
    > Now I want to access to the emails- and newsgroup databases through the
    > net, too.
    >
    > I want to install the SM-programm on any other XP-/Linux-PC in
    > my office and need to know how I can access to my databases without
    > duplicate everything. I have a Debian server with Samba Shares.
    >
    > Is this possible?
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > :-)
    >
    > Rainer

    Rainer, I don't know about Servers and Shares, but on my stand alone
    computer, I dual boot Win98 and Mandriva Linux. Win 98 cannot "see" the
    Mandriva partition but Mandriva can "see" the Win98 partition. So I have
    SeaMonkey installed on both partitions and have my SeaMonkey profile on
    the Win98 partition so both installs can access the profile.

    Works for me, hope it helps you, although, I think, WinXP should be able
    to "see" your Linux partition, so it shouldn't matter where you put your
    partition.

    HTH

    Daniel

  3. Re: Beginner's question!

    > Rainer, I don't know about Servers and Shares, but on my stand alone
    > computer, I dual boot Win98 and Mandriva Linux. Win 98 cannot "see" the
    > Mandriva partition but Mandriva can "see" the Win98 partition. So I have
    > SeaMonkey installed on both partitions and have my SeaMonkey profile on
    > the Win98 partition so both installs can access the profile.
    > Works for me, hope it helps you, although, I think, WinXP should be able
    > to "see" your Linux partition, so it shouldn't matter where you put your
    > partition.
    > Daniel

    Yes this helps!
    But, where is the profile. Can I move the provile folders to another
    net besed folder after the installation?
    :-)

    --

    Mit den besten Gruessen,

    Rainer Rutka

    \\\\|////
    \\ _ _ //
    ( o o )
    ===============oOOo-(_)-oOOo==================
    Rainer Rutka Telefon: 07531 / 29842
    Griesseggstrasse 27 D E-Mail: rainer@k-r.de
    D-78462 Konstanz URL: www.k-r.de
    =======================Oooo===================
    oooO ( )
    ( ) ) /
    \ ( (_/
    \_)
    ~

  4. Re: Beginner's question!

    Rainer Rutka wrote:
    >> Rainer, I don't know about Servers and Shares, but on my stand alone
    >> computer, I dual boot Win98 and Mandriva Linux. Win 98 cannot "see"
    >> the Mandriva partition but Mandriva can "see" the Win98 partition. So
    >> I have SeaMonkey installed on both partitions and have my SeaMonkey
    >> profile on the Win98 partition so both installs can access the profile.
    >> Works for me, hope it helps you, although, I think, WinXP should be
    >> able to "see" your Linux partition, so it shouldn't matter where you
    >> put your partition.
    >> Daniel

    > Yes this helps!
    > But, where is the profile. Can I move the provile folders to another
    > net besed folder after the installation?
    > :-)

    My suspicion is yes, you can put your profile anywhere you want, just be
    aware that if the network is not available, you will not get far.

    Try setting yourself up with a new profile by closing SeaMonkey and
    using the SeaMonkey Profile Manager to create a new profile wherever you
    want it.

    HTH

    Daniel

+ Reply to Thread