I think it was UA selection? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on I think it was UA selection? - Mozilla ; When I was using Ver 1.7 there was something on the toolbar that would let me select what type of browser I wanted to emulate. i.e. Netscape 6.2, IE6 etc. I,m quite sure that I downloaded something to put that ...

  1. I think it was UA selection?

    When I was using Ver 1.7 there was something on the toolbar that would
    let me select what type of browser I wanted to emulate. i.e. Netscape
    6.2, IE6 etc. I,m quite sure that I downloaded something to put that on
    the toolbar, but I do not remember what it was or where I got it. I have
    updated to Ver 1.9 and would like to put it back. It did not save it
    from the old ver as I completely removed everything of the old version

    TIA
    Don

  2. Re: I think it was UA selection?

    On 09/05/08 03:43, Don Miller wrote:
    > When I was using Ver 1.7 there was something on the toolbar that would
    > let me select what type of browser I wanted to emulate. i.e. Netscape
    > 6.2, IE6 etc. I,m quite sure that I downloaded something to put that on
    > the toolbar, but I do not remember what it was or where I got it. I have
    > updated to Ver 1.9 and would like to put it back. It did not save it
    > from the old ver as I completely removed everything of the old version
    >

    > TIA
    > Don

    User Agent Switcher http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/

    I haven't got it on the toolbar but in the Tools menu.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    What is the difference between a Turing machine and the modern
    computer? It's the same as that between Hillary's ascent of Everest

  3. Re: I think it was UA selection?

    Don Miller wrote:
    > When I was using Ver 1.7 there was something on the toolbar that would
    > let me select what type of browser I wanted to emulate. i.e. Netscape
    > 6.2, IE6 etc. I,m quite sure that I downloaded something to put that on
    > the toolbar, but I do not remember what it was or where I got it. I have
    > updated to Ver 1.9 and would like to put it back. It did not save it
    > from the old ver as I completely removed everything of the old version
    >

    > TIA
    > Don

    It was either User Agent Switcher (I don't know the url)
    or
    Multizilla ( http://multizilla.mozdev.org )

    (It could also have been prefbar, but I'm not sure on that one)

    --
    SeaMonkey 1.1.9
    Multizilla 1.8.3.4e

    (Windows XP)

  4. Re: I think it was UA selection?

    On 5/8/2008 6:43 PM, Don Miller wrote:
    > When I was using Ver 1.7 there was something on the toolbar that would
    > let me select what type of browser I wanted to emulate. i.e. Netscape
    > 6.2, IE6 etc. I,m quite sure that I downloaded something to put that on
    > the toolbar, but I do not remember what it was or where I got it. I have
    > updated to Ver 1.9 and would like to put it back. It did not save it
    > from the old ver as I completely removed everything of the old version
    >

    > TIA
    > Don

    I use PrefBar for this. It's at .

    --
    David E. Ross

    Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much

  5. Re: I think it was UA selection?

    Don Miller wrote:
    > Thanks everyone.. It was the Prefbar that I used..

    Don

+ Reply to Thread