AVG problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on AVG problem - Mozilla ; I just installed AVG 8.0.100 It workes well but after I received some emails I get the message that avgemc.exe has been closed because of an error. Thereafter the E-mail scanner of AVG is deactivated. Before I contact AVG, I ...

  1. AVG problem

    I just installed AVG 8.0.100
    It workes well but after I received some emails I get the message that
    avgemc.exe has been closed because of an error.
    Thereafter the E-mail scanner of AVG is deactivated.
    Before I contact AVG, I would like to know if anybody else got the same
    problem.
    I have SM 1.1.9 and Windows 2000SP4
    Horst

  2. Re: AVG problem

    horst39 wrote:
    > I just installed AVG 8.0.100
    > It workes well but after I received some emails I get the message that
    > avgemc.exe has been closed because of an error.
    > Thereafter the E-mail scanner of AVG is deactivated.
    > Before I contact AVG, I would like to know if anybody else got the same
    > problem.
    > I have SM 1.1.9 and Windows 2000SP4
    > Horst

    It's working fine here:

    SM 1.1.9
    Win XP Pro

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  3. Re: AVG problem

    horst39 wrote:
    > I just installed AVG 8.0.100
    > It workes well but after I received some emails I get the message that
    > avgemc.exe has been closed because of an error.
    > Thereafter the E-mail scanner of AVG is deactivated.
    > Before I contact AVG, I would like to know if anybody else got the same
    > problem.
    > I have SM 1.1.9 and Windows 2000SP4
    > Horst

    I had also a problem(may be not the same)letting Symantec analyzing email.
    Then, after surfing with google to help me, i finally uncheck the
    "Enable Internet E-mail Auto-Protect" option.
    And the problem disappeared.

  4. Re: AVG problem

    On 08.05.2008 18:15, Ray_Net wrote:
    > horst39 wrote:
    >> I just installed AVG 8.0.100
    >> It workes well but after I received some emails I get the message that
    >> avgemc.exe has been closed because of an error.
    >> Thereafter the E-mail scanner of AVG is deactivated.
    >> Before I contact AVG, I would like to know if anybody else got the same
    >> problem.
    >> I have SM 1.1.9 and Windows 2000SP4
    >> Horst

    > I had also a problem(may be not the same)letting Symantec analyzing email.
    > Then, after surfing with google to help me, i finally uncheck the
    > "Enable Internet E-mail Auto-Protect" option.
    > And the problem disappeared.

    Well, this is what I did too.
    But now my (our) e-mail input is no more protected.
    With AVG 7.5 I didn't have this problem!
    Sniff! I'll probably have to downgrade.
    Horst

  5. Re: AVG problem

    On 05/08/08 13:18, horst39 wrote:
    > On 08.05.2008 18:15, Ray_Net wrote:
    >> horst39 wrote:
    >>> I just installed AVG 8.0.100
    >>> It workes well but after I received some emails I get the message that
    >>> avgemc.exe has been closed because of an error.
    >>> Thereafter the E-mail scanner of AVG is deactivated.
    >>> Before I contact AVG, I would like to know if anybody else got the same
    >>> problem.
    >>> I have SM 1.1.9 and Windows 2000SP4
    >>> Horst

    >> I had also a problem(may be not the same)letting Symantec analyzing email.
    >> Then, after surfing with google to help me, i finally uncheck the
    >> "Enable Internet E-mail Auto-Protect" option.
    >> And the problem disappeared.

    > Well, this is what I did too.
    > But now my (our) e-mail input is no more protected.
    > With AVG 7.5 I didn't have this problem!
    > Sniff! I'll probably have to downgrade.
    > Horst

    Downgrading may not be a viable option. I just received a notice
    from GriSoft that they will not be providing any more updates
    for the 7.X version after the end of the month.

  6. Re: AVG problem

    horst39 wrote:
    > On 08.05.2008 18:15, Ray_Net wrote:
    >> horst39 wrote:
    >>> I just installed AVG 8.0.100
    >>> It workes well but after I received some emails I get the message that
    >>> avgemc.exe has been closed because of an error.
    >>> Thereafter the E-mail scanner of AVG is deactivated.
    >>> Before I contact AVG, I would like to know if anybody else got the same
    >>> problem.
    >>> I have SM 1.1.9 and Windows 2000SP4
    >>> Horst

    >> I had also a problem(may be not the same)letting Symantec analyzing
    >> email.
    >> Then, after surfing with google to help me, i finally uncheck the
    >> "Enable Internet E-mail Auto-Protect" option.
    >> And the problem disappeared.

    > Well, this is what I did too.
    > But now my (our) e-mail input is no more protected.
    > With AVG 7.5 I didn't have this problem!
    > Sniff! I'll probably have to downgrade.
    > Horst

    Don't be afraid with "e-mail input is no more protected"...your pc is
    still protected.

    Because you can read the following:

    Disabling the Internet E-mail Auto-Protect option in Symantec (or
    on-the-fly scanning in another anti-virus program) will not compromise
    the security of your computer as long as the File System Auto-Protect
    scanning remains active.

    at the url: http://www.utexas.edu/its/basic-email/answers/sav.php

  7. Re: AVG problem

    On 09.05.2008 09:59, Ray_Net wrote:
    > horst39 wrote:
    >>> I had also a problem(may be not the same)letting Symantec analyzing
    >>> email.
    >>> Then, after surfing with google to help me, i finally uncheck the
    >>> "Enable Internet E-mail Auto-Protect" option.
    >>> And the problem disappeared.

    >> Well, this is what I did too.
    >> But now my (our) e-mail input is no more protected.
    >> With AVG 7.5 I didn't have this problem!
    >> Sniff! I'll probably have to downgrade.
    >> Horst

    > Don't be afraid with "e-mail input is no more protected"...your pc is
    > still protected.
    >
    > Because you can read the following:
    >
    > Disabling the Internet E-mail Auto-Protect option in Symantec (or
    > on-the-fly scanning in another anti-virus program) will not compromise
    > the security of your computer as long as the File System Auto-Protect
    > scanning remains active.
    >
    > at the url: http://www.utexas.edu/its/basic-email/answers/sav.php

    Thank you very much!
    Horst

  8. Re: AVG problem

    The date and time was 5/8/2008 2:03 AM, and on a whim, horst39 pounded
    out on the keyboard:

    > I just installed AVG 8.0.100
    > It workes well but after I received some emails I get the message that
    > avgemc.exe has been closed because of an error.
    > Thereafter the E-mail scanner of AVG is deactivated.
    > Before I contact AVG, I would like to know if anybody else got the same
    > problem.
    > I have SM 1.1.9 and Windows 2000SP4
    > Horst

    I've seen quite a few issues reported in newsgroups about this. Go to
    the AVG forums for advice.

    --
    Terry R.