sever preference with seamonkey - Mozilla

This is a discussion on sever preference with seamonkey - Mozilla ; Hello, I like to play with nightly build :-). Now I have this one: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008050701 SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre for some month, now, I can't access the "server parameters" in the account settings. The last version ...

  1. sever preference with seamonkey

    Hello,
    I like to play with nightly build :-). Now I have this one:

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008050701
    SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre

    for some month, now, I can't access the "server parameters" in the
    account settings. The last version I have that acceses this tag is
    from middle february ( Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr;
    rv:1.9b4pre) Gecko/2008021402 SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre)

    I get an xml error

    does somebody have the same thing? may be it's really an xml error
    that impact only recent build, may be it's a bug.

    thanks
    jdd

  2. Re: sever preference with seamonkey

    jdd wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I like to play with nightly build :-). Now I have this one:
    >
    > Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008050701
    > SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre
    >
    > for some month, now, I can't access the "server parameters" in the
    > account settings. The last version I have that acceses this tag is from
    > middle february ( Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr; rv:1.9b4pre)
    > Gecko/2008021402 SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre)
    >
    > I get an xml error
    >
    > does somebody have the same thing? may be it's really an xml error that
    > impact only recent build, may be it's a bug.
    >
    > thanks
    > jdd

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008050701
    SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre
    OS: Mandriva-2008.0 GNU/Linux-2.6.22.18-1 2008-02-11 i686

    Mail/News-window menu "Edit/Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings / (email)
    Server Settings, ../ news.mozilla.org/Server Settings, ../Outgoing
    Server (SMTP)" options now all work fine!

    I was finally-able to delete ~ from within the preference-panel ~ four
    residual Outgoing SMTP "ghost/null" port "0" server-settings that did
    not affect the operations, but were disconcerting. Now the SMTP-entries
    show 3 "null" blank server-settings with the sole-true SMTP outgoing
    server. Along with the restored editor-composer, I have now regained my
    ability to-edit server-settings within the preference panels.

    Postscript: I completely shut-down the SeaMonkey, then restarted and
    checked the preferences panel. Wonderful; I now only have a single SMTP
    server entry for first-time in a while.
    Thanks for raising this issue. Barry.

  3. Re: sever preference with seamonkey

    Barry Edwin Gilmour a écrit :

    > Thanks for raising this issue. Barry.

    my error message is this one:

    Erreur d'analyse XML : entité non définie
    Emplacement : chrome://messenger/content/am-server.xul
    Numéro de ligne 317, Colonne 7 : hidefor="pop3,nntp,movemail" wsm_persist="true"
    id="imap.cleanupInboxOnExit"
    ------^

    however I have no such file here neither any "xul" file in
    ..mozilla/seamonkey (and only some for firefox)

    jdd

  4. Re: sever preference with seamonkey

    On Thu, 08 May 2008 12:39:42 +0200, jdd wrote:

    > my error message is this one:
    >
    > Erreur d'analyse XML : entité non définie
    > Emplacement : chrome://messenger/content/am-server.xul
    > Numéro de ligne 317, Colonne 7 : > hidefor="pop3,nntp,movemail" wsm_persist="true"
    > id="imap.cleanupInboxOnExit"
    > ------^
    >
    > however I have no such file here neither any "xul" file in
    > .mozilla/seamonkey (and only some for firefox)

    You will have to use the en-US nightly builds as you can't expect the
    localizers to react instantaneously to every little change in the
    wording of the en-US build - at least until closer to the betas.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Censorship is something ****** **** I do *** like!

  5. Re: sever preference with seamonkey

    jdd wrote:
    > Barry Edwin Gilmour a écrit :
    >
    >> Thanks for raising this issue. Barry.

    > my error message is this one:
    >
    > Erreur d'analyse XML : entité non définie
    > Emplacement : chrome://messenger/content/am-server.xul
    > Numéro de ligne 317, Colonne 7 : > wsm_persist="true" id="imap.cleanupInboxOnExit"
    > ------^
    >
    > however I have no such file here neither any "xul" file in
    > ..mozilla/seamonkey (and only some for firefox)
    >
    > jdd

    My apologies for zero French.
    if you open a blank-tab, and enter this address,
    chrome://messenger/content/am-server.xul
    will it call a tab written in English,
    that looks like this panel-view ~
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2219877...58998/sizes/o/

    OK, now I have viewed that panel, it is a strange-hybrid, in-that the
    email-server (POP3) preferences are intermixed with the newsgroup-server
    setting preferences.
    jdd, I think you have a problem with the localization build.
    Don't know how that could affect the XUL-file that builds your Mail &
    Newsgroup account settings panel.
    My "about:config" entry shows this entry,
    mail.imap.cleanup_inbox_on_exit;false
    which is correct for me on POP3,as there is nil-IMAP mail to empty from
    my Inbox, and I would rather unread-email stays in my Inbox on-exit, for
    later work.
    "hide check-box for pop3, nntp, and movemail" contradicts my
    "about:config" which-shows (mail.imap.cleanup_inbox_on_exit;false).

    The missing preference-panels / scrambled-panel / hidden-panel, looks
    like a bug to me, outside my experience. Hope this was some use. Barry.

  6. Re: sever preference with seamonkey

    Barry Edwin Gilmour a écrit :

    > jdd, I think you have a problem with the localization build.

    possibly. I didn't thought of such thing. I have no problem with us
    one, so I dl it right now

    I only was pleased to see nigthly build localized :-))
    thanks
    jdd

  7. Re: sever preference with seamonkey

    jdd wrote:
    > Barry Edwin Gilmour a écrit :
    >
    >> jdd, I think you have a problem with the localization build.

    > possibly. I didn't thought of such thing. I have no problem with us one,
    > so I dl it right now
    >
    > I only was pleased to see nigthly build localized :-))
    > thanks
    > jdd

    wee.. now it works.

    I even have an other bug solved (lack of the tick box to keep
    password, I had to keep keying the pass for one of my accounts)

    thanks all.

    I like to dig into Mozilla last products (seamonkey, but also
    minefield) but rarely can report because already involved elsewhere
    (ie openSUSE)

    nice to see the community always very helpfull :-))

    thanks again
    jdd

+ Reply to Thread