Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey - Mozilla ; In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that call for uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload' button will not bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I cannot upload any of these files using the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

  1. Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that call for
    uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload' button will not
    bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I cannot upload any of
    these files using the Flash application. The Flash uploads work as
    expected in IE. I would appreciate any help with this problem.
    Thanks, Bob

  2. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    > In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that call for
    > uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload' button will not
    > bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I cannot upload any of
    > these files using the Flash application. The Flash uploads work as
    > expected in IE. I would appreciate any help with this problem.
    > Thanks, Bob


    how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and
    see whats going on? Thanks!

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that call for
    >> uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload' button will not
    >> bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I cannot upload any of
    >> these files using the Flash application. The Flash uploads work as
    >> expected in IE. I would appreciate any help with this problem.
    >> Thanks, Bob

    >
    > how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and see whats
    > going on? Thanks!
    >

    The following site has a an online Flash applicaton, 'Cartoonizer' in
    which the Upload button will not work, However I have found the same
    problem in all other web Flash applications that require an upload from
    the hard drive.
    http://www.befunky.com/index.php

  4. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that call for
    >>> uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload' button will not
    >>> bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I cannot upload any of
    >>> these files using the Flash application. The Flash uploads work as
    >>> expected in IE. I would appreciate any help with this problem.
    >>> Thanks, Bob

    >> how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and see whats
    >> going on? Thanks!
    >>

    > The following site has a an online Flash applicaton, 'Cartoonizer' in
    > which the Upload button will not work, However I have found the same
    > problem in all other web Flash applications that require an upload from
    > the hard drive.
    > http://www.befunky.com/index.php


    it works for me. I had no problems. So, did you install
    the flash version for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape or just the
    one for IE? There's two versions and you need the one for
    Mozilla.

    Also, in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for
    the one flash file. Do you see it? It should be NPSWF32.dll

    What extensions do you have installed in SM? Such as
    Flashblocker or Adblocker?

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that call
    >>>> for uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload' button
    >>>> will not bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I cannot
    >>>> upload any of these files using the Flash application. The Flash
    >>>> uploads work as expected in IE. I would appreciate any help with
    >>>> this problem.
    >>>> Thanks, Bob
    >>> how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and see whats
    >>> going on? Thanks!
    >>>

    >> The following site has a an online Flash applicaton, 'Cartoonizer' in
    >> which the Upload button will not work, However I have found the same
    >> problem in all other web Flash applications that require an upload
    >> from the hard drive.
    >> http://www.befunky.com/index.php

    >
    > it works for me. I had no problems. So, did you install the flash
    > version for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape or just the one for IE? There's
    > two versions and you need the one for Mozilla.
    >
    > Also, in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for the one
    > flash file. Do you see it? It should be NPSWF32.dll
    >
    > What extensions do you have installed in SM? Such as Flashblocker or
    > Adblocker?
    >

    Thanks for your reply. I do have NPSWF32.dll installed. I am pretty sure
    that I downloaded the Netscape/ Mozilla version of Flash. Is the file
    name for the IE version different from NPSWF32.dll?. I do not have any
    extensions installed in SM. I do have an older version of the Java
    plugin installed [1.4.1_02 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)]. Could
    this contribute to my problem?

  6. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that call
    >>>>> for uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload' button
    >>>>> will not bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I cannot
    >>>>> upload any of these files using the Flash application. The Flash
    >>>>> uploads work as expected in IE. I would appreciate any help with
    >>>>> this problem.
    >>>>> Thanks, Bob
    >>>> how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and see whats
    >>>> going on? Thanks!
    >>>>
    >>> The following site has a an online Flash applicaton, 'Cartoonizer' in
    >>> which the Upload button will not work, However I have found the same
    >>> problem in all other web Flash applications that require an upload
    >>> from the hard drive.
    >>> http://www.befunky.com/index.php

    >> it works for me. I had no problems. So, did you install the flash
    >> version for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape or just the one for IE? There's
    >> two versions and you need the one for Mozilla.
    >>
    >> Also, in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for the one
    >> flash file. Do you see it? It should be NPSWF32.dll
    >>
    >> What extensions do you have installed in SM? Such as Flashblocker or
    >> Adblocker?
    >>

    > Thanks for your reply. I do have NPSWF32.dll installed. I am pretty sure
    > that I downloaded the Netscape/ Mozilla version of Flash. Is the file
    > name for the IE version different from NPSWF32.dll?. I do not have any
    > extensions installed in SM. I do have an older version of the Java
    > plugin installed [1.4.1_02 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)]. Could
    > this contribute to my problem?


    it could.

    Try this: close SM, then click on the windows start button,
    then run, and enter:

    seamonkey.exe -p

    this will bring up the SM profile manager. Create a test
    profile. Does the problem continue in that?

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  7. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that
    >>>>>> call for uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload'
    >>>>>> button will not bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I
    >>>>>> cannot upload any of these files using the Flash application.
    >>>>>> The Flash uploads work as expected in IE. I would appreciate any
    >>>>>> help with this problem.
    >>>>>> Thanks, Bob
    >>>>> how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and see
    >>>>> whats going on? Thanks!
    >>>>>
    >>>> The following site has a an online Flash applicaton, 'Cartoonizer'
    >>>> in which the Upload button will not work, However I have found the
    >>>> same problem in all other web Flash applications that require an
    >>>> upload from the hard drive.
    >>>> http://www.befunky.com/index.php
    >>> it works for me. I had no problems. So, did you install the flash
    >>> version for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape or just the one for IE?
    >>> There's two versions and you need the one for Mozilla.
    >>>
    >>> Also, in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for the one
    >>> flash file. Do you see it? It should be NPSWF32.dll
    >>>
    >>> What extensions do you have installed in SM? Such as Flashblocker or
    >>> Adblocker?
    >>>

    >> Thanks for your reply. I do have NPSWF32.dll installed. I am pretty
    >> sure that I downloaded the Netscape/ Mozilla version of Flash. Is the
    >> file name for the IE version different from NPSWF32.dll?. I do not
    >> have any extensions installed in SM. I do have an older version of
    >> the Java plugin installed [1.4.1_02 for Netscape Navigator (DLL
    >> Helper)]. Could this contribute to my problem?

    >
    > it could.
    >
    > Try this: close SM, then click on the windows start button, then run,
    > and enter:
    >
    > seamonkey.exe -p
    >
    > this will bring up the SM profile manager. Create a test profile.
    > Does the problem continue in that?
    >

    Thanks again for your reply. I created a test profile and had the same
    problem in the test profile. Any other ideas? Did you say the file name
    for the IE version of Flash is different from NPSWF32.dll?.

  8. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that
    >>>>>>> call for uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload'
    >>>>>>> button will not bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I
    >>>>>>> cannot upload any of these files using the Flash application.
    >>>>>>> The Flash uploads work as expected in IE. I would appreciate any
    >>>>>>> help with this problem.
    >>>>>>> Thanks, Bob
    >>>>>> how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and see
    >>>>>> whats going on? Thanks!
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> The following site has a an online Flash applicaton, 'Cartoonizer'
    >>>>> in which the Upload button will not work, However I have found the
    >>>>> same problem in all other web Flash applications that require an
    >>>>> upload from the hard drive.
    >>>>> http://www.befunky.com/index.php
    >>>> it works for me. I had no problems. So, did you install the flash
    >>>> version for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape or just the one for IE?
    >>>> There's two versions and you need the one for Mozilla.
    >>>>
    >>>> Also, in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for the one
    >>>> flash file. Do you see it? It should be NPSWF32.dll
    >>>>
    >>>> What extensions do you have installed in SM? Such as Flashblocker or
    >>>> Adblocker?
    >>>>
    >>> Thanks for your reply. I do have NPSWF32.dll installed. I am pretty
    >>> sure that I downloaded the Netscape/ Mozilla version of Flash. Is the
    >>> file name for the IE version different from NPSWF32.dll?. I do not
    >>> have any extensions installed in SM. I do have an older version of
    >>> the Java plugin installed [1.4.1_02 for Netscape Navigator (DLL
    >>> Helper)]. Could this contribute to my problem?

    >> it could.
    >>
    >> Try this: close SM, then click on the windows start button, then run,
    >> and enter:
    >>
    >> seamonkey.exe -p
    >>
    >> this will bring up the SM profile manager. Create a test profile.
    >> Does the problem continue in that?
    >>

    > Thanks again for your reply. I created a test profile and had the same
    > problem in the test profile. Any other ideas? Did you say the file name
    > for the IE version of Flash is different from NPSWF32.dll?.


    if the problem continues in the new profile then the problem
    is not with Seamonkey but something else. First, get the
    latest Flash file which is 9.0 r124. Also, get the current
    version of java which is jre1.6.0_05.

    Now close SM. Open the windows Add/Remove Programs and
    uninstall Flash, and Java.

    Now, reinstall with the current files you downloaded. Does
    the problem still continue?

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  9. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>>> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that
    >>>>>>>> call for uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload'
    >>>>>>>> button will not bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I
    >>>>>>>> cannot upload any of these files using the Flash application.
    >>>>>>>> The Flash uploads work as expected in IE. I would appreciate
    >>>>>>>> any help with this problem.
    >>>>>>>> Thanks, Bob
    >>>>>>> how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and see
    >>>>>>> whats going on? Thanks!
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> The following site has a an online Flash applicaton,
    >>>>>> 'Cartoonizer' in which the Upload button will not work, However I
    >>>>>> have found the same problem in all other web Flash applications
    >>>>>> that require an upload from the hard drive.
    >>>>>> http://www.befunky.com/index.php
    >>>>> it works for me. I had no problems. So, did you install the
    >>>>> flash version for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape or just the one for
    >>>>> IE? There's two versions and you need the one for Mozilla.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Also, in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for the
    >>>>> one flash file. Do you see it? It should be NPSWF32.dll
    >>>>>
    >>>>> What extensions do you have installed in SM? Such as Flashblocker
    >>>>> or Adblocker?
    >>>>>
    >>>> Thanks for your reply. I do have NPSWF32.dll installed. I am pretty
    >>>> sure that I downloaded the Netscape/ Mozilla version of Flash. Is
    >>>> the file name for the IE version different from NPSWF32.dll?. I do
    >>>> not have any extensions installed in SM. I do have an older version
    >>>> of the Java plugin installed [1.4.1_02 for Netscape Navigator (DLL
    >>>> Helper)]. Could this contribute to my problem?
    >>> it could.
    >>>
    >>> Try this: close SM, then click on the windows start button, then
    >>> run, and enter:
    >>>
    >>> seamonkey.exe -p
    >>>
    >>> this will bring up the SM profile manager. Create a test profile.
    >>> Does the problem continue in that?
    >>>

    >> Thanks again for your reply. I created a test profile and had the
    >> same problem in the test profile. Any other ideas? Did you say the
    >> file name for the IE version of Flash is different from NPSWF32.dll?.

    >
    > if the problem continues in the new profile then the problem is not
    > with Seamonkey but something else. First, get the latest Flash file
    > which is 9.0 r124. Also, get the current version of java which is
    > jre1.6.0_05.
    >
    > Now close SM. Open the windows Add/Remove Programs and uninstall
    > Flash, and Java.
    >
    > Now, reinstall with the current files you downloaded. Does the
    > problem still continue?
    >

    I am already using the latest Flash file (9.0 r124). I have to be away
    the remainder of today and tomorrow so it may be Thursday or Friday
    before I can update the Java plugin. I will appreciate you continuing to
    watch this thread until I can get it done.
    Thanks

  10. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>>> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that
    >>>>>>>> call for uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload'
    >>>>>>>> button will not bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I
    >>>>>>>> cannot upload any of these files using the Flash application.
    >>>>>>>> The Flash uploads work as expected in IE. I would appreciate
    >>>>>>>> any help with this problem.
    >>>>>>>> Thanks, Bob
    >>>>>>> how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and see
    >>>>>>> whats going on? Thanks!
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> The following site has a an online Flash applicaton,
    >>>>>> 'Cartoonizer' in which the Upload button will not work, However I
    >>>>>> have found the same problem in all other web Flash applications
    >>>>>> that require an upload from the hard drive.
    >>>>>> http://www.befunky.com/index.php
    >>>>> it works for me. I had no problems. So, did you install the
    >>>>> flash version for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape or just the one for
    >>>>> IE? There's two versions and you need the one for Mozilla.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Also, in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for the
    >>>>> one flash file. Do you see it? It should be NPSWF32.dll
    >>>>>
    >>>>> What extensions do you have installed in SM? Such as Flashblocker
    >>>>> or Adblocker?
    >>>>>
    >>>> Thanks for your reply. I do have NPSWF32.dll installed. I am pretty
    >>>> sure that I downloaded the Netscape/ Mozilla version of Flash. Is
    >>>> the file name for the IE version different from NPSWF32.dll?. I do
    >>>> not have any extensions installed in SM. I do have an older version
    >>>> of the Java plugin installed [1.4.1_02 for Netscape Navigator (DLL
    >>>> Helper)]. Could this contribute to my problem?
    >>> it could.
    >>>
    >>> Try this: close SM, then click on the windows start button, then
    >>> run, and enter:
    >>>
    >>> seamonkey.exe -p
    >>>
    >>> this will bring up the SM profile manager. Create a test profile.
    >>> Does the problem continue in that?
    >>>

    >> Thanks again for your reply. I created a test profile and had the
    >> same problem in the test profile. Any other ideas? Did you say the
    >> file name for the IE version of Flash is different from NPSWF32.dll?.

    >
    > if the problem continues in the new profile then the problem is not
    > with Seamonkey but something else. First, get the latest Flash file
    > which is 9.0 r124. Also, get the current version of java which is
    > jre1.6.0_05.
    >
    > Now close SM. Open the windows Add/Remove Programs and uninstall
    > Flash, and Java.
    >
    > Now, reinstall with the current files you downloaded. Does the
    > problem still continue?
    >

    As previously stated, I am already using Flash 9.0 r124, Since my OS is
    Windows 98, I cannot install jre1.6.0_05, but I did update to jre1.5
    update15 which is the last version that supports Windows 98. Still does
    not solve my problem. Any other ideas?
    Thanks

  11. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>>>> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that
    >>>>>>>>> call for uploading image files from my hard drive, the 'Upload'
    >>>>>>>>> button will not bring up the navigation dialog box. Therefore I
    >>>>>>>>> cannot upload any of these files using the Flash application.
    >>>>>>>>> The Flash uploads work as expected in IE. I would appreciate
    >>>>>>>>> any help with this problem.
    >>>>>>>>> Thanks, Bob
    >>>>>>>> how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and see
    >>>>>>>> whats going on? Thanks!
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> The following site has a an online Flash applicaton,
    >>>>>>> 'Cartoonizer' in which the Upload button will not work, However I
    >>>>>>> have found the same problem in all other web Flash applications
    >>>>>>> that require an upload from the hard drive.
    >>>>>>> http://www.befunky.com/index.php
    >>>>>> it works for me. I had no problems. So, did you install the
    >>>>>> flash version for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape or just the one for
    >>>>>> IE? There's two versions and you need the one for Mozilla.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Also, in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for the
    >>>>>> one flash file. Do you see it? It should be NPSWF32.dll
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> What extensions do you have installed in SM? Such as Flashblocker
    >>>>>> or Adblocker?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Thanks for your reply. I do have NPSWF32.dll installed. I am pretty
    >>>>> sure that I downloaded the Netscape/ Mozilla version of Flash. Is
    >>>>> the file name for the IE version different from NPSWF32.dll?. I do
    >>>>> not have any extensions installed in SM. I do have an older version
    >>>>> of the Java plugin installed [1.4.1_02 for Netscape Navigator (DLL
    >>>>> Helper)]. Could this contribute to my problem?
    >>>> it could.
    >>>>
    >>>> Try this: close SM, then click on the windows start button, then
    >>>> run, and enter:
    >>>>
    >>>> seamonkey.exe -p
    >>>>
    >>>> this will bring up the SM profile manager. Create a test profile.
    >>>> Does the problem continue in that?
    >>>>
    >>> Thanks again for your reply. I created a test profile and had the
    >>> same problem in the test profile. Any other ideas? Did you say the
    >>> file name for the IE version of Flash is different from NPSWF32.dll?.

    >> if the problem continues in the new profile then the problem is not
    >> with Seamonkey but something else. First, get the latest Flash file
    >> which is 9.0 r124. Also, get the current version of java which is
    >> jre1.6.0_05.
    >>
    >> Now close SM. Open the windows Add/Remove Programs and uninstall
    >> Flash, and Java.
    >>
    >> Now, reinstall with the current files you downloaded. Does the
    >> problem still continue?
    >>

    > As previously stated, I am already using Flash 9.0 r124, Since my OS is
    > Windows 98, I cannot install jre1.6.0_05, but I did update to jre1.5
    > update15 which is the last version that supports Windows 98. Still does
    > not solve my problem. Any other ideas?
    > Thanks


    ahhh, there's the problem, atleast I think. Its win98 and
    flash 9.x -- if i remember correctly, they don't go
    together. I think you need to drop back to flash 8. Then
    again, I could be out on left field with that. Otherwise,
    I'm out of ideas

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  12. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that
    >>>>>>>>>> call for uploading image files from my hard drive, the
    >>>>>>>>>> 'Upload' button will not bring up the navigation dialog box.
    >>>>>>>>>> Therefore I cannot upload any of these files using the Flash
    >>>>>>>>>> application. The Flash uploads work as expected in IE. I
    >>>>>>>>>> would appreciate any help with this problem.
    >>>>>>>>>> Thanks, Bob
    >>>>>>>>> how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and see
    >>>>>>>>> whats going on? Thanks!
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> The following site has a an online Flash applicaton,
    >>>>>>>> 'Cartoonizer' in which the Upload button will not work, However
    >>>>>>>> I have found the same problem in all other web Flash
    >>>>>>>> applications that require an upload from the hard drive.
    >>>>>>>> http://www.befunky.com/index.php
    >>>>>>> it works for me. I had no problems. So, did you install the
    >>>>>>> flash version for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape or just the one for
    >>>>>>> IE? There's two versions and you need the one for Mozilla.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Also, in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for the
    >>>>>>> one flash file. Do you see it? It should be NPSWF32.dll
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> What extensions do you have installed in SM? Such as
    >>>>>>> Flashblocker or Adblocker?
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Thanks for your reply. I do have NPSWF32.dll installed. I am
    >>>>>> pretty sure that I downloaded the Netscape/ Mozilla version of
    >>>>>> Flash. Is the file name for the IE version different from
    >>>>>> NPSWF32.dll?. I do not have any extensions installed in SM. I do
    >>>>>> have an older version of the Java plugin installed [1.4.1_02 for
    >>>>>> Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)]. Could this contribute to my
    >>>>>> problem?
    >>>>> it could.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Try this: close SM, then click on the windows start button, then
    >>>>> run, and enter:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> seamonkey.exe -p
    >>>>>
    >>>>> this will bring up the SM profile manager. Create a test
    >>>>> profile. Does the problem continue in that?
    >>>>>
    >>>> Thanks again for your reply. I created a test profile and had the
    >>>> same problem in the test profile. Any other ideas? Did you say the
    >>>> file name for the IE version of Flash is different from NPSWF32.dll?.
    >>> if the problem continues in the new profile then the problem is not
    >>> with Seamonkey but something else. First, get the latest Flash file
    >>> which is 9.0 r124. Also, get the current version of java which is
    >>> jre1.6.0_05.
    >>>
    >>> Now close SM. Open the windows Add/Remove Programs and uninstall
    >>> Flash, and Java.
    >>>
    >>> Now, reinstall with the current files you downloaded. Does the
    >>> problem still continue?
    >>>

    >> As previously stated, I am already using Flash 9.0 r124, Since my OS
    >> is Windows 98, I cannot install jre1.6.0_05, but I did update to
    >> jre1.5 update15 which is the last version that supports Windows 98.
    >> Still does not solve my problem. Any other ideas?
    >> Thanks

    >
    > ahhh, there's the problem, atleast I think. Its win98 and flash 9.x
    > -- if i remember correctly, they don't go together. I think you need
    > to drop back to flash 8. Then again, I could be out on left field
    > with that. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas
    >

    According to the Adobe Flash Web Site, Windows 98 is supported by
    Flash9.x and since I do not have the problem in IE, it would appear that
    this true. I do appreciate you trying, Peter. I will cotinue trying to
    find a solution. If you should have a sudden inspiration, please post it
    to this thread - I'll watch it for the next couple of days.

  13. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs that
    >>>>>>>>>>> call for uploading image files from my hard drive, the
    >>>>>>>>>>> 'Upload' button will not bring up the navigation dialog box.
    >>>>>>>>>>> Therefore I cannot upload any of these files using the Flash
    >>>>>>>>>>> application. The Flash uploads work as expected in IE. I
    >>>>>>>>>>> would appreciate any help with this problem.
    >>>>>>>>>>> Thanks, Bob
    >>>>>>>>>> how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and see
    >>>>>>>>>> whats going on? Thanks!
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> The following site has a an online Flash applicaton,
    >>>>>>>>> 'Cartoonizer' in which the Upload button will not work, However
    >>>>>>>>> I have found the same problem in all other web Flash
    >>>>>>>>> applications that require an upload from the hard drive.
    >>>>>>>>> http://www.befunky.com/index.php
    >>>>>>>> it works for me. I had no problems. So, did you install the
    >>>>>>>> flash version for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape or just the one for
    >>>>>>>> IE? There's two versions and you need the one for Mozilla.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Also, in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for the
    >>>>>>>> one flash file. Do you see it? It should be NPSWF32.dll
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> What extensions do you have installed in SM? Such as
    >>>>>>>> Flashblocker or Adblocker?
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Thanks for your reply. I do have NPSWF32.dll installed. I am
    >>>>>>> pretty sure that I downloaded the Netscape/ Mozilla version of
    >>>>>>> Flash. Is the file name for the IE version different from
    >>>>>>> NPSWF32.dll?. I do not have any extensions installed in SM. I do
    >>>>>>> have an older version of the Java plugin installed [1.4.1_02 for
    >>>>>>> Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)]. Could this contribute to my
    >>>>>>> problem?
    >>>>>> it could.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Try this: close SM, then click on the windows start button, then
    >>>>>> run, and enter:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> seamonkey.exe -p
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> this will bring up the SM profile manager. Create a test
    >>>>>> profile. Does the problem continue in that?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Thanks again for your reply. I created a test profile and had the
    >>>>> same problem in the test profile. Any other ideas? Did you say the
    >>>>> file name for the IE version of Flash is different from NPSWF32.dll?.
    >>>> if the problem continues in the new profile then the problem is not
    >>>> with Seamonkey but something else. First, get the latest Flash file
    >>>> which is 9.0 r124. Also, get the current version of java which is
    >>>> jre1.6.0_05.
    >>>>
    >>>> Now close SM. Open the windows Add/Remove Programs and uninstall
    >>>> Flash, and Java.
    >>>>
    >>>> Now, reinstall with the current files you downloaded. Does the
    >>>> problem still continue?
    >>>>
    >>> As previously stated, I am already using Flash 9.0 r124, Since my OS
    >>> is Windows 98, I cannot install jre1.6.0_05, but I did update to
    >>> jre1.5 update15 which is the last version that supports Windows 98.
    >>> Still does not solve my problem. Any other ideas?
    >>> Thanks

    >> ahhh, there's the problem, atleast I think. Its win98 and flash 9.x
    >> -- if i remember correctly, they don't go together. I think you need
    >> to drop back to flash 8. Then again, I could be out on left field
    >> with that. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas
    >>

    > According to the Adobe Flash Web Site, Windows 98 is supported by
    > Flash9.x and since I do not have the problem in IE, it would appear that
    > this true. I do appreciate you trying, Peter. I will cotinue trying to
    > find a solution. If you should have a sudden inspiration, please post it
    > to this thread - I'll watch it for the next couple of days.


    OK, lets back track a little. Lets make sure that java and
    flash are working. Here are some test sites.

    flash: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ or
    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

    java: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml or
    here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

    Do they work at these test sites?

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  14. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>>> In SeaMonkey 1.1.8: When using online web Flash programs
    >>>>>>>>>>>> that call for uploading image files from my hard drive, the
    >>>>>>>>>>>> 'Upload' button will not bring up the navigation dialog
    >>>>>>>>>>>> box. Therefore I cannot upload any of these files using the
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Flash application. The Flash uploads work as expected in
    >>>>>>>>>>>> IE. I would appreciate any help with this problem.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks, Bob
    >>>>>>>>>>> how about listing a site so we can go and check it out and
    >>>>>>>>>>> see whats going on? Thanks!
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> The following site has a an online Flash applicaton,
    >>>>>>>>>> 'Cartoonizer' in which the Upload button will not work,
    >>>>>>>>>> However I have found the same problem in all other web Flash
    >>>>>>>>>> applications that require an upload from the hard drive.
    >>>>>>>>>> http://www.befunky.com/index.php
    >>>>>>>>> it works for me. I had no problems. So, did you install the
    >>>>>>>>> flash version for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape or just the one for
    >>>>>>>>> IE? There's two versions and you need the one for Mozilla.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Also, in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for
    >>>>>>>>> the one flash file. Do you see it? It should be NPSWF32.dll
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> What extensions do you have installed in SM? Such as
    >>>>>>>>> Flashblocker or Adblocker?
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Thanks for your reply. I do have NPSWF32.dll installed. I am
    >>>>>>>> pretty sure that I downloaded the Netscape/ Mozilla version of
    >>>>>>>> Flash. Is the file name for the IE version different from
    >>>>>>>> NPSWF32.dll?. I do not have any extensions installed in SM. I
    >>>>>>>> do have an older version of the Java plugin installed [1.4.1_02
    >>>>>>>> for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)]. Could this contribute to
    >>>>>>>> my problem?
    >>>>>>> it could.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Try this: close SM, then click on the windows start button, then
    >>>>>>> run, and enter:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> seamonkey.exe -p
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> this will bring up the SM profile manager. Create a test
    >>>>>>> profile. Does the problem continue in that?
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Thanks again for your reply. I created a test profile and had the
    >>>>>> same problem in the test profile. Any other ideas? Did you say
    >>>>>> the file name for the IE version of Flash is different from
    >>>>>> NPSWF32.dll?.
    >>>>> if the problem continues in the new profile then the problem is
    >>>>> not with Seamonkey but something else. First, get the latest
    >>>>> Flash file which is 9.0 r124. Also, get the current version of
    >>>>> java which is jre1.6.0_05.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Now close SM. Open the windows Add/Remove Programs and uninstall
    >>>>> Flash, and Java.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Now, reinstall with the current files you downloaded. Does the
    >>>>> problem still continue?
    >>>>>
    >>>> As previously stated, I am already using Flash 9.0 r124, Since my
    >>>> OS is Windows 98, I cannot install jre1.6.0_05, but I did update to
    >>>> jre1.5 update15 which is the last version that supports Windows 98.
    >>>> Still does not solve my problem. Any other ideas?
    >>>> Thanks
    >>> ahhh, there's the problem, atleast I think. Its win98 and flash 9.x
    >>> -- if i remember correctly, they don't go together. I think you
    >>> need to drop back to flash 8. Then again, I could be out on left
    >>> field with that. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas
    >>>

    >> According to the Adobe Flash Web Site, Windows 98 is supported by
    >> Flash9.x and since I do not have the problem in IE, it would appear
    >> that this true. I do appreciate you trying, Peter. I will cotinue
    >> trying to find a solution. If you should have a sudden inspiration,
    >> please post it to this thread - I'll watch it for the next couple of
    >> days.

    >
    > OK, lets back track a little. Lets make sure that java and flash are
    > working. Here are some test sites.
    >
    > flash: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ or
    > http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
    >
    > java: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml or here:
    > http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
    >
    > Do they work at these test sites?
    >

    Both Java 1.5 update15 and Flash 9.0 r124 work on those respective web
    test sites. All Flash and Java applications work flawlessly on all web
    sites with SM except for the inability to access the navigation dialogue
    box and upload files from the hard drive. This feature does not work on
    any Flash web site that calls for it. This is true only in SM - the
    feature does work in IE.

  15. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    > All Flash and Java applications work flawlessly on all web
    > sites with SM except for the inability to access the navigation dialogue
    > box and upload files from the hard drive. This feature does not work on
    > any Flash web site that calls for it. This is true only in SM - the
    > feature does work in IE.


    all I can say is the site worked for me. Why its not
    working for you, I don't know. I don't have any more
    suggestions.

    As I said previously, when I was using win98 [up until Jan
    of this year], I had to use flash 8, cause 9 would cause me
    problems.

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  16. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >> All Flash and Java applications work flawlessly on all web sites with
    >> SM except for the inability to access the navigation dialogue box and
    >> upload files from the hard drive. This feature does not work on any
    >> Flash web site that calls for it. This is true only in SM - the
    >> feature does work in IE.

    >
    > all I can say is the site worked for me. Why its not working for you,
    > I don't know. I don't have any more suggestions.
    >
    > As I said previously, when I was using win98 [up until Jan of this
    > year], I had to use flash 8, cause 9 would cause me problems.
    >

    Peter, since this situation doesn't exist in IE , I somehow suspect the
    problem may have something to do with Active X. Do you have any Active X
    plugin file installed in your SM plugin folder or anywhere else in the
    SM directory?

  17. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>> All Flash and Java applications work flawlessly on all web sites with
    >>> SM except for the inability to access the navigation dialogue box and
    >>> upload files from the hard drive. This feature does not work on any
    >>> Flash web site that calls for it. This is true only in SM - the
    >>> feature does work in IE.

    >> all I can say is the site worked for me. Why its not working for you,
    >> I don't know. I don't have any more suggestions.
    >>
    >> As I said previously, when I was using win98 [up until Jan of this
    >> year], I had to use flash 8, cause 9 would cause me problems.
    >>

    > Peter, since this situation doesn't exist in IE , I somehow suspect the
    > problem may have something to do with Active X. Do you have any Active X
    > plugin file installed in your SM plugin folder or anywhere else in the
    > SM directory?


    no. Active-X is only for IE. However, there is an active-x
    for Firefox, but I don't know if it works for SM:
    http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm but its not
    recommend you install active-x for SM.

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  18. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>> All Flash and Java applications work flawlessly on all web sites
    >>>> with SM except for the inability to access the navigation dialogue
    >>>> box and upload files from the hard drive. This feature does not
    >>>> work on any Flash web site that calls for it. This is true only in
    >>>> SM - the feature does work in IE.
    >>> all I can say is the site worked for me. Why its not working for
    >>> you, I don't know. I don't have any more suggestions.
    >>>
    >>> As I said previously, when I was using win98 [up until Jan of this
    >>> year], I had to use flash 8, cause 9 would cause me problems.
    >>>

    >> Peter, since this situation doesn't exist in IE , I somehow suspect
    >> the problem may have something to do with Active X. Do you have any
    >> Active X plugin file installed in your SM plugin folder or anywhere
    >> else in the SM directory?

    >
    > no. Active-X is only for IE. However, there is an active-x for
    > Firefox, but I don't know if it works for SM:
    > http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm but its not recommend you
    > install active-x for SM.
    >

    I was aware that there was an active-x for Firefox. That's why I asked
    if you had installed it for SM. I wasn't planning on doing it - it's to
    much of a security hole. I did check all my security settings to be sure
    there was nothing there that would cause the problem - there wasn't.
    Well, thanks again for all your efforts.

  19. Re: Flash Uploading in SeaMonkey

    R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>> R.S. Chandgie wrote:
    >>>>> All Flash and Java applications work flawlessly on all web sites
    >>>>> with SM except for the inability to access the navigation dialogue
    >>>>> box and upload files from the hard drive. This feature does not
    >>>>> work on any Flash web site that calls for it. This is true only in
    >>>>> SM - the feature does work in IE.
    >>>> all I can say is the site worked for me. Why its not working for
    >>>> you, I don't know. I don't have any more suggestions.
    >>>>
    >>>> As I said previously, when I was using win98 [up until Jan of this
    >>>> year], I had to use flash 8, cause 9 would cause me problems.
    >>>>
    >>> Peter, since this situation doesn't exist in IE , I somehow suspect
    >>> the problem may have something to do with Active X. Do you have any
    >>> Active X plugin file installed in your SM plugin folder or anywhere
    >>> else in the SM directory?

    >> no. Active-X is only for IE. However, there is an active-x for
    >> Firefox, but I don't know if it works for SM:
    >> http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm but its not recommend you
    >> install active-x for SM.
    >>

    > I was aware that there was an active-x for Firefox. That's why I asked
    > if you had installed it for SM. I wasn't planning on doing it - it's to
    > much of a security hole. I did check all my security settings to be sure
    > there was nothing there that would cause the problem - there wasn't.
    > Well, thanks again for all your efforts.


    sometimes there are flash/java sites that just don't work
    for win98. I came across some of them when I used it, too.
    Maybe this is one of them.

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread