Extension Manager - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Extension Manager - Mozilla ; I just tried to open the extension manager in SeaMonkey 1.1.7 and got a message instead that I needed to upgrade extension uninstaller.api, so I hit OK but nothing happened. I tried searching addons.mozilla.org but the extension manager extension seems ...

  1. Extension Manager

    I just tried to open the extension manager in SeaMonkey 1.1.7 and got a
    message instead that I needed to upgrade extension uninstaller.api, so I hit
    OK but nothing happened. I tried searching addons.mozilla.org but the
    extension manager extension seems to be missing from the site, at least I
    couldn't find it, so the current situation is that SeaMonkey is preventing
    me from opening the one I've got but providing no upgrade. What's the
    workaround?

  2. Re: Extension Manager

    Roger Fink replied On 5/3/2008 8:57 PM

    > I just tried to open the extension manager in SeaMonkey 1.1.7 and got a
    > message instead that I needed to upgrade extension uninstaller.api, so I hit
    > OK but nothing happened. I tried searching addons.mozilla.org but the
    > extension manager extension seems to be missing from the site, at least I
    > couldn't find it, so the current situation is that SeaMonkey is preventing
    > me from opening the one I've got but providing no upgrade. What's the
    > workaround?

    Were you able to open the manager from Tools and see the link in the
    manager control panel?

    If not go here and install both extension manager extensions.
    http://mozmonkey.com/?r=extuninstall

    Michael

  3. Re: Extension Manager

    Michael Gordon wrote:
    > Roger Fink replied On 5/3/2008 8:57 PM
    >
    >> I just tried to open the extension manager in SeaMonkey 1.1.7 and
    >> got a message instead that I needed to upgrade extension
    >> uninstaller.api, so I hit OK but nothing happened. I tried searching
    >> addons.mozilla.org but the extension manager extension seems to be
    >> missing from the site, at least I couldn't find it, so the current
    >> situation is that SeaMonkey is preventing me from opening the one
    >> I've got but providing no upgrade. What's the workaround?
    >>

    > Were you able to open the manager from Tools and see the link in the
    > manager control panel?
    >
    > If not go here and install both extension manager extensions.
    > http://mozmonkey.com/?r=extuninstall
    >
    > Michael

    Thanks Michael. It didn't open from the tools menu. I'm not sure if you are
    referring to the Preferences dialog Box when you mention control panel but
    it's not there either. In any case, the problem was solved by overinstalling
    it from the web site you posted. Thanks.

  4. Re: Extension Manager

    Roger Fink replied On 5/3/2008 10:36 PM

    > Michael Gordon wrote:
    >> Roger Fink replied On 5/3/2008 8:57 PM
    >>
    >>> I just tried to open the extension manager in SeaMonkey 1.1.7 and
    >>> got a message instead that I needed to upgrade extension
    >>> uninstaller.api, so I hit OK but nothing happened. I tried searching
    >>> addons.mozilla.org but the extension manager extension seems to be
    >>> missing from the site, at least I couldn't find it, so the current
    >>> situation is that SeaMonkey is preventing me from opening the one
    >>> I've got but providing no upgrade. What's the workaround?
    >>>

    >> Were you able to open the manager from Tools and see the link in the
    >> manager control panel?
    >>
    >> If not go here and install both extension manager extensions.
    >> http://mozmonkey.com/?r=extuninstall
    >>
    >> Michael

    > Thanks Michael. It didn't open from the tools menu. I'm not sure if you are
    > referring to the Preferences dialog Box when you mention control panel but
    > it's not there either. In any case, the problem was solved by overinstalling
    > it from the web site you posted. Thanks.

    Hello Roger,

    You are most welcome and I am happy all is working for you with the
    Extension Manager.

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread