Problems getting att webmail with SeaMonkey - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problems getting att webmail with SeaMonkey - Mozilla ; I have been getting my webmail from att.net for a long time and about 2 weeks ago, I started to have this problem: I sign in with a password and am directed to a page which shows all the emails ...

  1. Problems getting att webmail with SeaMonkey

    I have been getting my webmail from att.net for a long time and about 2
    weeks ago, I started to have this problem:
    I sign in with a password and am directed to a page which shows all the
    emails in my "Inbox". When I click on one of the emails it is supposed
    to open and show me the contents. Instead, I get a blank white page.
    When I click on Inbox I get the list again but it indicates that the
    email I clicked on before has been read.
    I thought maybe it had something to do with popups so I made sure that
    att.net was allowed.
    I have no idea what is causing this problem. Anyone know?
    Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: Problems getting att webmail with SeaMonkey

    user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > I have been getting my webmail from att.net for a long time and about 2
    > weeks ago, I started to have this problem:
    > I sign in with a password and am directed to a page which shows all the
    > emails in my "Inbox". When I click on one of the emails it is supposed
    > to open and show me the contents. Instead, I get a blank white page.
    > When I click on Inbox I get the list again but it indicates that the
    > email I clicked on before has been read.

    When you click on a message a second time, do you still get the blank page?

    I use Mozilla and ordinarily download my messages rather then use Webmail. I
    just looked at my messages now using Webmail and do not have the problem you
    described. I'm using MOZ 1.19

    I suppose there might be something in your profile that is screwing things up.
    You might try creating another profile and use that when accessing Webmail to
    see if you have the same problem.

    > I thought maybe it had something to do with popups so I made sure that
    > att.net was allowed.
    > I have no idea what is causing this problem. Anyone know?
    > Thanks for your help.

  3. Re: Problems getting att webmail with SeaMonkey

    On 2008-04-28 04:06 CET,
    user@domain.invalid wrote:

    > I have been getting my webmail from att.net for a long time and about 2
    > weeks ago, I started to have this problem:
    > I sign in with a password and am directed to a page which shows all the
    > emails in my "Inbox". When I click on one of the emails it is supposed
    > to open and show me the contents. Instead, I get a blank white page.
    > When I click on Inbox I get the list again but it indicates that the
    > email I clicked on before has been read.
    > I thought maybe it had something to do with popups so I made sure that
    > att.net was allowed.
    > I have no idea what is causing this problem. Anyone know?
    > Thanks for your help.

    I'm quite shure you just need to spoof you User Agent to have Firefox
    something in it and it'll work.

    Have experienced similar things with, mainly, buttons on various web
    sites before I spoofed my UA by appending " - a Firefox/2.0.0.14
    sibling" to it. Go to "location" about:config and add a preference
    'general.useragent.extra.seamonkeySibling' of type String and set it's
    value to " - a Firefox/2.0.0.14 sibling" (no quotes).

    --
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071128
    SeaMonkey/1.1.7 - Classic Theme - 266MHz Mobile Pentium II 288MB RAM

  4. Re: Problems getting att webmail with SeaMonkey

    Arnie Goetchius wrote:
    > user@domain.invalid wrote:
    >> I have been getting my webmail from att.net for a long time and about
    >> 2 weeks ago, I started to have this problem:
    >> I sign in with a password and am directed to a page which shows all
    >> the emails in my "Inbox". When I click on one of the emails it is
    >> supposed to open and show me the contents. Instead, I get a blank
    >> white page. When I click on Inbox I get the list again but it
    >> indicates that the email I clicked on before has been read.

    > When you click on a message a second time, do you still get the blank page?
    >
    > I use Mozilla and ordinarily download my messages rather then use
    > Webmail. I just looked at my messages now using Webmail and do not have
    > the problem you described. I'm using MOZ 1.19
    >
    > I suppose there might be something in your profile that is screwing
    > things up. You might try creating another profile and use that when
    > accessing Webmail to see if you have the same problem.
    >
    >> I thought maybe it had something to do with popups so I made sure that
    >> att.net was allowed.
    >> I have no idea what is causing this problem. Anyone know?
    >> Thanks for your help.

    No ideas, but:
    My system is Win98se with SeaMonkey 1.0.7 and my ISP is now ATT, was
    Bellsouth.net, Fast access. My Webmail options are set for classic,
    i.e. I have not turned on the _advanced_ features.
    I am NOT having any such problems!
    When I click on the From: field for a message it displays surrounded
    by all the auxiliary fields: advertising; buttons for: reply, reply all,
    delete, close, ...
    Below that is the header with choices to: save address, reminder, block
    sender, and below that is the message.
    Below the message is an option to suppress images in all messages and
    below that are again buttons to: reply, reply all,... just like at the
    top.
    Which part of your display is blank? Do you get all the control buttons?
    Do you get the message header with its buttons?
    Can you, and what happens if you chose to get the next message, or the
    Can you and what happens if you choose close (i.e.) go back to INBOX
    that way?
    I tried selecting INBOX, and close but the mail list had nothing
    that would indicate whether the mail had been read or not. So where
    do you see that indicated?
    Also, you can go back to INBOX by selecting 'check mail' beside the
    'compose' button in the uppper left beside the fancy amount of space
    used gauge.
    Have you tried view > reload page?

    --
    Rostyk