BugMeNot problems? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on BugMeNot problems? - Mozilla ; Hello. Is it or is BugMeNot extension v1.6 (from http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#bugmenot ) entering gibberish texts when using accounts from bugmenot.com? I tried it on two different computers (home and work), OS' (Debian/Linux -- IceApe) and Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates), ...

  1. BugMeNot problems?

    Hello. Is it or is BugMeNot extension v1.6 (from
    http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#bugmenot) entering
    gibberish texts when using accounts from bugmenot.com? I tried it on two
    different computers (home and work), OS' (Debian/Linux -- IceApe) and
    Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates), and ISPs.

    Thank you in advance.
    --
    "I got this aunt... Carpenter ant." --Girl and Crow
    /\___/\
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  2. Re: BugMeNot problems?

    Ant wrote:
    > Hello. Is it or is BugMeNot extension v1.6 (from
    > http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#bugmenot) entering
    > gibberish texts when using accounts from bugmenot.com? I tried it on two
    > different computers (home and work), OS' (Debian/Linux -- IceApe) and
    > Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates), and ISPs.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    you could ask Phil in his forum:
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...age=15&start=0

    or you can try the xsidebar newsgroup:
    news://news.mozdev.org/public.mozdev.xsidebar and you'll
    find the user name and password here:
    http://www.mozdev.org/faq.html#news

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
    may get banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: BugMeNot problems?

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:16:46 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Ant wrote:
    >> Hello. Is it or is BugMeNot extension v1.6 (from
    >> http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#bugmenot) entering
    >> gibberish texts when using accounts from bugmenot.com? I tried it on two
    >> different computers (home and work), OS' (Debian/Linux -- IceApe) and
    >> Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates), and ISPs.

    No idea. Does the same problem occur with Firefox and unmodified
    BugMeNot 1.6?

    >> Thank you in advance.

    > you could ask Phil in his forum:
    > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...age=15&start=0
    >
    > or you can try the xsidebar newsgroup:
    > news://news.mozdev.org/public.mozdev.xsidebar and you'll
    > find the user name and password here:
    > http://www.mozdev.org/faq.html#news

    Or Ant could ask in this newsgroup since he knows I lurk here.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,

  4. Re: BugMeNot problems?

    Now, BugMeNot.com is giving me a 503 error (too many connections) via
    Web site and extension. Hmm!

    On 4/26/2008 8:37 AM PT, Philip Chee typed:

    >>> Hello. Is it or is BugMeNot extension v1.6 (from
    >>> http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#bugmenot) entering
    >>> gibberish texts when using accounts from bugmenot.com? I tried it on two
    >>> different computers (home and work), OS' (Debian/Linux -- IceApe) and
    >>> Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates), and ISPs.

    > No idea. Does the same problem occur with Firefox and unmodified
    > BugMeNot 1.6?

    It looks like the latest version is v1.8 for Firefox v2 according to
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6349 ... I also e-mailed
    ehamiter@gmail.com about the issue. I think the one for SeaMonkey is
    outdated.

    >> you could ask Phil in his forum:
    >> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...age=15&start=0
    >>
    >> or you can try the xsidebar newsgroup:
    >> news://news.mozdev.org/public.mozdev.xsidebar and you'll
    >> find the user name and password here:
    >> http://www.mozdev.org/faq.html#news

    > Or Ant could ask in this newsgroup since he knows I lurk here.

    LOL. So, anything to say about my BugMeNot extension issue?
    --
    "If I want to be a robber, I rob the king's treasury. If I want to be a
    hunter, I hunt the rhino. What is the use of robbing beggars and hunting
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  5. Re: BugMeNot problems?

    On 4/26/2008 12:46 PM PT, Ant typed:

    >> No idea. Does the same problem occur with Firefox and unmodified
    >> BugMeNot 1.6?

    > It looks like the latest version is v1.8 for Firefox v2 according to
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6349 ... I also e-mailed
    > ehamiter@gmail.com about the issue. I think the one for SeaMonkey is
    > outdated.

    OK, I got through the annoying 503 errors. I tried Firefox's v1.8
    extension and had no problems. I tried again SeaMonkey's outdated
    version and still have the same problem. I get like
    "d('UkFHZ1yPgWd/aImO');" at username and stuff.
    --
    "The tiny ant dares to enter the lion's ear." --Armenian
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  6. Re: BugMeNot problems?

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:53:02 -0700, Ant wrote:

    > OK, I got through the annoying 503 errors. I tried Firefox's v1.8
    > extension and had no problems. I tried again SeaMonkey's outdated
    > version and still have the same problem. I get like
    > "d('UkFHZ1yPgWd/aImO');" at username and stuff.

    Hmm. I'll have a go at porting v1.8 then. Possibly the bugmenot website
    API changed.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Thesaurus: ancient reptile with an excellent vocabulary.

  7. Re: BugMeNot problems?

    On 4/26/2008 9:15 PM PT, Philip Chee typed:

    >> OK, I got through the annoying 503 errors. I tried Firefox's v1.8
    >> extension and had no problems. I tried again SeaMonkey's outdated
    >> version and still have the same problem. I get like
    >> "d('UkFHZ1yPgWd/aImO');" at username and stuff.

    > Hmm. I'll have a go at porting v1.8 then. Possibly the bugmenot website
    > API changed.

    OK. Please kindly let me know if you need to test it. BugMeNot extension
    is currently useless at the moment.
    --
    "Any spoke will lead the ant to the hub." --unknown
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  8. Re: BugMeNot problems?

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 17:00:29 -0700, Ant wrote:
    > On 4/26/2008 9:15 PM PT, Philip Chee typed:
    >
    >>> OK, I got through the annoying 503 errors. I tried Firefox's v1.8
    >>> extension and had no problems. I tried again SeaMonkey's outdated
    >>> version and still have the same problem. I get like
    >>> "d('UkFHZ1yPgWd/aImO');" at username and stuff.

    >> Hmm. I'll have a go at porting v1.8 then. Possibly the bugmenot website
    >> API changed.

    > OK. Please kindly let me know if you need to test it. BugMeNot extension
    > is currently useless at the moment.

    I have put BugMeNot 1.8-mod up on my website. It looks like the query
    parameters have changed.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Error - [A]bort, [R]etry, [F]ake like it's working...

  9. Re: BugMeNot problems?

    On 5/7/2008 8:53 PM PT, Philip Chee typed:

    > On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 17:00:29 -0700, Ant wrote:
    >> On 4/26/2008 9:15 PM PT, Philip Chee typed:

    >>> Hmm. I'll have a go at porting v1.8 then. Possibly the bugmenot website
    >>> API changed.

    >> OK. Please kindly let me know if you need to test it. BugMeNot extension
    >> is currently useless at the moment.

    > I have put BugMeNot 1.8-mod up on my website. It looks like the query
    > parameters have changed.

    Thanks! I will give it a spin. It seems to work on my Linux/Debian's
    IceApe.
    --
    "In every enemy that is an ant, behold an elephant." --Turkish
    /\___/\