plugin - Mozilla

This is a discussion on plugin - Mozilla ; This page is calling for two plugins: http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/...time/93824.htm In IE this shows up as embedded Real Video. In SeaMonkey, just two blank rectangles with get-the-plugin icons. Anyone able to run this?...

  1. plugin

    This page is calling for two plugins:

    http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/...time/93824.htm

    In IE this shows up as embedded Real Video. In SeaMonkey, just two blank
    rectangles with get-the-plugin icons. Anyone able to run this?

  2. Re: plugin

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > This page is calling for two plugins:
    >
    > http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/...time/93824.htm
    >
    > In IE this shows up as embedded Real Video. In SeaMonkey, just two blank
    > rectangles with get-the-plugin icons. Anyone able to run this?

    I just got asked once for the plug-in. Roger, if you go aboutlug-ins,
    do you have anything listed for Real Video? Maybe you just need to make
    a link!

    Thing I found interesting, on the page, is the first picture is by
    "Anonymous, California", but immediately underneath the paragraph states
    "In Ottawa, he created this potent image" talking about Szyk!!

    Daniel

  3. Re: plugin

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > This page is calling for two plugins:
    >
    > http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/...time/93824.htm
    >
    > In IE this shows up as embedded Real Video. In SeaMonkey, just two blank
    > rectangles with get-the-plugin icons. Anyone able to run this?

    runs fine on SM2a1pre/RealPlayer11/Linux. Sorry, cant help with
    SM/RP11/Windows. Barry.

  4. Re: plugin

    Daniel wrote:
    > if you go aboutlug-ins,
    > do you have anything listed for Real Video?

    try aboutlugins

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
    may get banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: plugin

    Daniel wrote:
    > Roger Fink wrote:
    >> This page is calling for two plugins:
    >>
    >> http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/...time/93824.htm
    >>
    >> In IE this shows up as embedded Real Video. In SeaMonkey, just two
    >> blank rectangles with get-the-plugin icons. Anyone able to run this?
    >>

    > I just got asked once for the plug-in. Roger, if you go
    > aboutlug-ins, do you have anything listed for Real Video? Maybe you
    > just need to make
    > a link!
    >
    > Thing I found interesting, on the page, is the first picture is by
    > "Anonymous, California", but immediately underneath the paragraph
    > states "In Ottawa, he created this potent image" talking about Szyk!!
    >
    > Daniel

    I don't show any Real plugins. I don't think I was very clear about the
    problem - when I clicked the icons nothing happened, even though the status
    bar said "Transferring data from plugindoc.mozdev.org". At first I thought
    adblock plus was the problem, but even after disabling it and reloading, it
    made no difference.

  6. Re: plugin

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Roger Fink wrote:
    >>> This page is calling for two plugins:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/...time/93824.htm
    >>>
    >>> In IE this shows up as embedded Real Video. In SeaMonkey, just two
    >>> blank rectangles with get-the-plugin icons. Anyone able to run this?
    >>>

    >> I just got asked once for the plug-in. Roger, if you go
    >> aboutlug-ins, do you have anything listed for Real Video? Maybe you
    >> just need to make
    >> a link!
    >>
    >> Thing I found interesting, on the page, is the first picture is by
    >> "Anonymous, California", but immediately underneath the paragraph
    >> states "In Ottawa, he created this potent image" talking about Szyk!!
    >>
    >> Daniel

    > I don't show any Real plugins. I don't think I was very clear about
    > the problem - when I clicked the icons nothing happened, even though
    > the status bar said "Transferring data from plugindoc.mozdev.org". At
    > first I thought adblock plus was the problem, but even after
    > disabling it and reloading, it made no difference.

    Since time immemorial I have never, ever been able to make this plugin
    retrieval feature work, it's almost like a bad joke. If someone would kindly
    tell me the name of the file and where I can get it, I'll just plunk it into
    the folder.

  7. Re: plugin

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > Since time immemorial I have never, ever been able to make this plugin
    > retrieval feature work, it's almost like a bad joke. If someone would kindly
    > tell me the name of the file and where I can get it, I'll just plunk it into
    > the folder.

    you need these files: nprjplug.dll, nppl3260.dll,
    nprpjplug.dll. They should be in the SM plugin directory.
    If not, then hunt for them in the real player program dictory.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
    may get banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  8. Re: plugin

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Roger Fink wrote:
    >> Since time immemorial I have never, ever been able to make this
    >> plugin retrieval feature work, it's almost like a bad joke. If
    >> someone would kindly tell me the name of the file and where I can
    >> get it, I'll just plunk it into the folder.

    > you need these files: nprjplug.dll, nppl3260.dll,
    > nprpjplug.dll. They should be in the SM plugin directory.
    > If not, then hunt for them in the real player program dictory.

    Actually, I just this moment solved it. The two RP8 plug-ins here:
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html#RealPlayer
    are both on my hard drive, but not in the folders they need to be, so I put
    them where they belong and now everything works as it should. Possibly
    plugindoc.mozdev.org didn't want to make nice with the older version of
    RealPlayer (RP Enterprise) that I have installed, even though these older
    RP8 plugins I just installed work fine.

    There used to be a problem with RealPlayer plugins not making it into the
    plugins folder in Mozilla during the installation of RealPlayer way back
    when. The reason I had them stored on the hard drive in a data folder was
    because of this problem, but it has been so long since I upgraded RP, and
    emabedded RP video is so infrequent, that this is the first time I've run
    into this in quite awhile.

    Stupid question maybe, but since the root directory program folders get
    overwritten on an upgrade, how do these plugins find their way back into the
    new subfolders?

  9. Re: plugin

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Roger Fink wrote:
    >>> Since time immemorial I have never, ever been able to make this
    >>> plugin retrieval feature work, it's almost like a bad joke. If
    >>> someone would kindly tell me the name of the file and where I can
    >>> get it, I'll just plunk it into the folder.

    >> you need these files: nprjplug.dll, nppl3260.dll,
    >> nprpjplug.dll. They should be in the SM plugin directory.
    >> If not, then hunt for them in the real player program dictory.

    > Actually, I just this moment solved it. The two RP8 plug-ins here:
    > http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html#RealPlayer
    > are both on my hard drive, but not in the folders they need to be, so
    > I put them where they belong and now everything works as it should.
    > Possibly plugindoc.mozdev.org didn't want to make nice with the older
    > version of RealPlayer (RP Enterprise) that I have installed, even
    > though these older RP8 plugins I just installed work fine.
    >
    > There used to be a problem with RealPlayer plugins not making it into
    > the plugins folder in Mozilla during the installation of RealPlayer
    > way back when. The reason I had them stored on the hard drive in a
    > data folder was because of this problem, but it has been so long
    > since I upgraded RP, and emabedded RP video is so infrequent, that
    > this is the first time I've run into this in quite awhile.
    >
    > Stupid question maybe, but since the root directory program folders
    > get overwritten on an upgrade, how do these plugins find their way
    > back into the new subfolders?

    Wait, it WAS a dumb question: since they still remain after an upgrade the
    folder never gets overwritten in the first place.

  10. Re: plugin

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> if you go aboutlug-ins, do you have anything listed for Real Video?

    > try aboutlugins

    Yep, sorry.

    Daniel

  11. Re: plugin

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > Roger Fink wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> you need these files: nprjplug.dll, nppl3260.dll,
    >>> nprpjplug.dll. They should be in the SM plugin directory.
    >>> If not, then hunt for them in the real player program dictory.

    >> Actually, I just this moment solved it. The two RP8 plug-ins here:
    >> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html#RealPlayer
    >> are both on my hard drive, but not in the folders they need to be, so
    >> I put them where they belong and now everything works as it should.
    >> Possibly plugindoc.mozdev.org didn't want to make nice with the older
    >> version of RealPlayer (RP Enterprise) that I have installed, even
    >> though these older RP8 plugins I just installed work fine.
    >>
    >> There used to be a problem with RealPlayer plugins not making it into
    >> the plugins folder in Mozilla during the installation of RealPlayer
    >> way back when. The reason I had them stored on the hard drive in a
    >> data folder was because of this problem, but it has been so long
    >> since I upgraded RP, and emabedded RP video is so infrequent, that
    >> this is the first time I've run into this in quite awhile.
    >>
    >> Stupid question maybe, but since the root directory program folders
    >> get overwritten on an upgrade, how do these plugins find their way
    >> back into the new subfolders?

    > Wait, it WAS a dumb question: since they still remain after an upgrade the
    > folder never gets overwritten in the first place.

    Could have been a problem in the old Mozilla days, where, before a new
    installation, it would erase the old version, including the plugins
    folder, I think.

    Daniel

  12. Re: plugin

    Daniel wrote:
    > Roger Fink wrote:
    >> Roger Fink wrote:
    >>> Stupid question maybe, but since the root directory program folders
    >>> get overwritten on an upgrade, how do these plugins find their way
    >>> back into the new subfolders?

    >> Wait, it WAS a dumb question: since they still remain after an upgrade the
    >> folder never gets overwritten in the first place.
    >>

    > Could have been a problem in the old Mozilla days, where, before a new
    > installation, it would erase the old version, including the plugins
    > folder, I think.
    >
    > Daniel

    yes it did, and I think it still does with SM

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
    may get banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  13. Re: plugin

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > This page is calling for two plugins:
    >
    > http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/...time/93824.htm
    >
    > In IE this shows up as embedded Real Video. In SeaMonkey, just two blank
    > rectangles with get-the-plugin icons. Anyone able to run this?

    I guess you've already gotten your answer, but it/they worked fine for me.

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13)
    Gecko/20080313 SeaMonkey/1.1.9

+ Reply to Thread