Print subject line - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Print subject line - Mozilla ; Good day I have a client with three folders in mail with over 500 emails in each. Is the a way to extract and print the subject line so he can sort them on paper? Thank You Smiles...

  1. Print subject line

    Good day

    I have a client with three folders in mail with over 500 emails in each.

    Is the a way to extract and print the subject line so he can sort them
    on paper?

    Thank You
    Smiles

  2. Re: Print subject line

    Smiles wrote:
    > Good day
    >

    > I have a client with three folders in mail with over 500 emails in each.
    >
    > Is the a way to extract and print the subject line so he can sort them
    > on paper?
    >
    > Thank You
    > Smiles

    copy and paste: thats about the only thing I know.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
    may get banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Print subject line

    Smiles wrote:
    > Good day
    >

    > I have a client with three folders in mail with over 500 emails in each.
    >
    > Is the a way to extract and print the subject line so he can sort them
    > on paper?
    >
    > Thank You
    > Smiles

    Why does your client need to sort the subjects on paper? Couldn't he
    just select the folder and then select the column he wants to index by,
    e.g. Subject, Header, Date, etc.?

    Then, if need be, print the sorted list, somehow!

    Daniel

  4. Re: Print subject line

    Daniel wrote:
    > Smiles wrote:
    >> Good day
    >>

    >> I have a client with three folders in mail with over 500 emails in each.
    >>
    >> Is the a way to extract and print the subject line so he can sort them
    >> on paper?
    >>
    >> Thank You
    >> Smiles

    > Why does your client need to sort the subjects on paper? Couldn't he
    > just select the folder and then select the column he wants to index by,
    > e.g. Subject, Header, Date, etc.?
    >
    > Then, if need be, print the sorted list, somehow!
    >
    > Daniel

    Thanks thats how I do it

    but he uses a 52in monitor and a magnifier legally blind he needs a 5in
    letter so he has taken to long to read on screen dotes not like text to
    speech so he has a sand printer that does a good print job for him

    Thank You
    Smiles

  5. Re: Print subject line

    Smiles wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Smiles wrote:
    >>> Good day
    >>>

    >>> I have a client with three folders in mail with over 500 emails in each.
    >>>
    >>> Is the a way to extract and print the subject line so he can sort them
    >>> on paper?
    >>>
    >>> Thank You
    >>> Smiles

    >> Why does your client need to sort the subjects on paper? Couldn't he
    >> just select the folder and then select the column he wants to index by,
    >> e.g. Subject, Header, Date, etc.?
    >>
    >> Then, if need be, print the sorted list, somehow!
    >>
    >> Daniel

    > Thanks thats how I do it
    >
    > but he uses a 52in monitor and a magnifier legally blind he needs a 5in
    > letter so he has taken to long to read on screen dotes not like text to
    > speech so he has a sand printer that does a good print job for him
    >
    > Thank You
    > Smiles

    if he's using any of the window product, and if he looks
    under the Accessibility folder, there he can change certain
    thing for it to look bigger. Plus, there is a magnifying
    glass option that he can us. I've tested it out a couple of
    times and it works great. If he doesn't like that
    magnifier, then you can download one from the net. Just
    look around.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
    may get banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: Print subject line

    Daniel wrote:
    > Smiles wrote:
    >> Good day
    >>

    >> I have a client with three folders in mail with over 500 emails in each.
    >>
    >> Is the a way to extract and print the subject line so he can sort them
    >> on paper?
    >>
    >> Thank You
    >> Smiles

    > Why does your client need to sort the subjects on paper? Couldn't he
    > just select the folder and then select the column he wants to index by,
    > e.g. Subject, Header, Date, etc.?
    >
    > Then, if need be, print the sorted list, somehow!

    Did you know how to print the sorted list ?

  7. Re: Print subject line

    Ray_Net wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Smiles wrote:
    >>> Good day
    >>>

    >>> I have a client with three folders in mail with over 500 emails in each.
    >>>
    >>> Is the a way to extract and print the subject line so he can sort
    >>> them on paper?
    >>>
    >>> Thank You
    >>> Smiles

    >> Why does your client need to sort the subjects on paper? Couldn't he
    >> just select the folder and then select the column he wants to index
    >> by, e.g. Subject, Header, Date, etc.?
    >>
    >> Then, if need be, print the sorted list, somehow!
    >>

    > Did you know how to print the sorted list ?

    Not me, that why I typed "print the sorted list, somehow!".

    Daniel

  8. Re: Print subject line

    On 4/22/2008 10:14 PM, Smiles wrote:
    > Good day
    >

    > I have a client with three folders in mail with over 500 emails in each.
    >
    > Is the a way to extract and print the subject line so he can sort them
    > on paper?
    >
    > Thank You
    > Smiles

    Each mail folder is a file. For example, the Inbox folder is a file named Inbox that contains the raw messages. The mail headers in the file are in a standard format. At the simplest level, you could write a script that looks for lines beginning with "Subject:" and outputs the line to a file, which you could later print.

    It's possible, of course, that a line in the body of a message could start with the same "Subject:" string, for example, a forwarded message. To be more precise about getting only subjects from the mail header, you'd probably want a script that could detect the beginning of each header and search only the header until it finds a line beginning with the string "Subject:".

    I've done things kind of like this with a program called NoteTab, , a freeware plain text editor. It has a built-in scripting language that would make this easy to do. Once the subject lines are extracted, NoteTab can sort the lines.

    Andy.....................

  9. Re: Print subject line

    Andy Boze wrote:
    > On 4/22/2008 10:14 PM, Smiles wrote:
    >> Good day
    >>

    >> I have a client with three folders in mail with over 500 emails in each.
    >>
    >> Is the a way to extract and print the subject line so he can sort them
    >> on paper?
    >>
    >> Thank You
    >> Smiles

    > Each mail folder is a file. For example, the Inbox folder is a file
    > named Inbox that contains the raw messages. The mail headers in the file
    > are in a standard format. At the simplest level, you could write a
    > script that looks for lines beginning with "Subject:" and outputs the
    > line to a file, which you could later print.
    >
    > It's possible, of course, that a line in the body of a message could
    > start with the same "Subject:" string, for example, a forwarded message.
    > To be more precise about getting only subjects from the mail header,
    > you'd probably want a script that could detect the beginning of each
    > header and search only the header until it finds a line beginning with
    > the string "Subject:".
    >
    > I've done things kind of like this with a program called NoteTab,
    > , a freeware plain text editor. It has a
    > built-in scripting language that would make this easy to do. Once the
    > subject lines are extracted, NoteTab can sort the lines.
    >
    > Andy.....................

    Thank you
    will give it a try

  10. Re: Print subject line

    On 2008-04-24 15:15 CET,
    Smiles wrote:

    > Andy Boze wrote:
    >> On 4/22/2008 10:14 PM, Smiles wrote:
    >>> Good day
    >>>

    >>> I have a client with three folders in mail with over 500 emails in each.
    >>>
    >>> Is the a way to extract and print the subject line so he can sort them
    >>> on paper?
    >>>
    >>> Thank You
    >>> Smiles

    >> Each mail folder is a file. For example, the Inbox folder is a file
    >> named Inbox that contains the raw messages. The mail headers in the
    >> file are in a standard format. At the simplest level, you could write
    >> a script that looks for lines beginning with "Subject:" and outputs
    >> the line to a file, which you could later print.
    >>
    >> It's possible, of course, that a line in the body of a message could
    >> start with the same "Subject:" string, for example, a forwarded
    >> message. To be more precise about getting only subjects from the mail
    >> header, you'd probably want a script that could detect the beginning
    >> of each header and search only the header until it finds a line
    >> beginning with the string "Subject:".
    >>
    >> I've done things kind of like this with a program called NoteTab,
    >> , a freeware plain text editor. It has a
    >> built-in scripting language that would make this easy to do. Once the
    >> subject lines are extracted, NoteTab can sort the lines.
    >>
    >> Andy.....................

    > Thank you
    > will give it a try

    Just remember, the subject can span multiple lines.

    --
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071128
    SeaMonkey/1.1.7 - Classic Theme - 266MHz Mobile Pentium II 288MB RAM

  11. Re: Print subject line

    Smiles wrote:

    [...]

    > Thanks thats how I do it
    >
    > but he uses a 52in monitor and a magnifier legally blind he needs a 5in
    > letter so he has taken to long to read on screen dotes not like text to
    > speech so he has a sand printer that does a good print job for him
    >
    > Thank You
    > Smiles

    "Sand printer?"

    keith whaley

  12. Re: Print subject line

    keith_w wrote:
    > Smiles wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    >> Thanks thats how I do it
    >>
    >> but he uses a 52in monitor and a magnifier legally blind he needs a
    >> 5in letter so he has taken to long to read on screen dotes not like
    >> text to speech so he has a sand printer that does a good print job for
    >> him
    >>
    >> Thank You
    >> Smiles

    > "Sand printer?"

    May be the one we can see here

    http://web.media.mit.edu/~earroyo/sa.../printer_pics/

  13. Re: Print subject line

    Ray_Net wrote:
    > keith_w wrote:
    >> Smiles wrote:
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >>> Thanks thats how I do it
    >>>
    >>> but he uses a 52in monitor and a magnifier legally blind he needs a
    >>> 5in letter so he has taken to long to read on screen dotes not like
    >>> text to speech so he has a sand printer that does a good print job for
    >>> him
    >>>
    >>> Thank You
    >>> Smiles

    >> "Sand printer?"

    > May be the one we can see here
    >
    > http://web.media.mit.edu/~earroyo/sa.../printer_pics/

    Astounding!

    Many thanks. Learn something new every day!

    keith whaley

  14. Re: Print subject line

    Ray_Net wrote:
    > keith_w wrote:
    >> Smiles wrote:
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >>> Thanks thats how I do it
    >>>
    >>> but he uses a 52in monitor and a magnifier legally blind he needs a
    >>> 5in letter so he has taken to long to read on screen dotes not like
    >>> text to speech so he has a sand printer that does a good print job
    >>> for him
    >>>
    >>> Thank You
    >>> Smiles

    >> "Sand printer?"
    >>

    > May be the one we can see here
    >
    > http://web.media.mit.edu/~earroyo/sa.../printer_pics/

    Fascinating. But it does not speak to the context of how the term was
    used by the OP. I still can't figure out what a "sand printer" has to
    do with visual acuity (or lack thereof). Ah, sweet mystery of life!
    (Where's Madeline Cahn when you need her to be singing?)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  15. Re: Print subject line

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Ray_Net wrote:
    >> keith_w wrote:
    >>> Smiles wrote:
    >>>
    >>> [...]
    >>> "Sand printer?"
    >>>

    >> May be the one we can see here
    >>
    >> http://web.media.mit.edu/~earroyo/sa.../printer_pics/

    > Fascinating. But it does not speak to the context of how the term was
    > used by the OP. I still can't figure out what a "sand printer" has to
    > do with visual acuity (or lack thereof). Ah, sweet mystery of life!
    > (Where's Madeline Cahn when you need her to be singing?)

    I would suspect it prints similar to a braille printer, with
    bumps, so a blind person can move their hands over the print
    and "see" their image and/or words. Its similar to what the
    Buddhists do. They make images in the sand.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
    may get banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread