hes and millimeters - Mozilla

This is a discussion on hes and millimeters - Mozilla ; Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote: > In the US we use both systems. > > For example a pound of goose down, feathers is 12 ounces which a Pound > of Sugar 16 ounces That's possibly related to the ridiculous ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 90 of 90

  1. Re: hes and millimeters

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    > In the US we use both systems.
    >
    > For example a pound of goose down, feathers is 12 ounces which a Pound
    > of Sugar 16 ounces

    That's possibly related to the ridiculous fact that a coffee cup is 6
    ounces rather than the normal 8. But dry ounces are different from wet
    ounces. You use "one coffee measure" per "cup".

    Thinking about all that makes my brain itch and possibly explains why
    when I cook I measure in pinches and handfuls and units. Rice in the
    rice-cooker is one unit of rice and two to two and a half units of water.

    When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a thumb.

  2. Re: hes and millimeters

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 22.04.2008 10:59, Nobody wrote:

    probably worried you are referring to his cajones

  3. Re: hes and millimeters

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 22.04.2008 10:59, Nobody wrote:

  4. Re: hes and millimeters

    sean.bean@wizard.net wrote:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >> On 22.04.2008 10:59, Nobody wrote:

    Did you mean "cojones" and your spell-checker did not pick the
    mispelling? :-)

    --
    John Doue

  5. Re: hes and millimeters

    sean.bean@wizard.net wrote:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >> On 22.04.2008 10:59, Nobody wrote:

  6. Re: hes and millimeters

    John Doue wrote:
    > sean.bean@wizard.net wrote:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>> On 22.04.2008 10:59, Nobody wrote:

    spell checker seems to need a jolt or a fix of some sort... don't
    suppose you know what file to edit? its got lots of maised up words in
    it...
    --
    stumbling along like a bumbling tumbleweed...

    * TagZilla 0.066-bw2
    * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org

  7. Re: hes and millimeters

    John Doue wrote:
    > sean.bean@wizard.net wrote:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>> On 22.04.2008 10:59, Nobody wrote:

  8. Re: hes and millimeters

    On 04.06.2008 17:39, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused
    sean.bean@wizard.net to generate the following:? :
    > John Doue wrote:
    >
    >> sean.bean@wizard.net wrote:

    I seem to remember that file is called Format C:\

    reg

    > its got lots of maised up words in
    > it...
    > --
    > stumbling along like a bumbling tumbleweed...
    >
    > * TagZilla 0.066-bw2
    > * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org

  9. Re: hes and millimeters

    On 04.06.2008 17:39, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused
    sean.bean@wizard.net to generate the following:? :
    > John Doue wrote:
    >
    >> sean.bean@wizard.net wrote:

  10. Re: hes and millimeters

    On 04.06.2008 09:47, sean.bean@wizard.net wrote:

    >>> Aussies still use stone: "6.356 the crows" doesn't quite have the same
    >>> ring to it...

    >> He doesn't have an ounce of humor regarding my use of "stones". 8-)
    >>

    > probably worried you are referring to his cajones

    Careful there, Boromir .. ;-)

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org